Archinect
anchor

Undergrad Studies

Extraposh

I'm a rising senior in high school who will be applying to unis this fall. I know for sure I want to study architecture, but I'm debating between Georgia Tech (live in ATL), UCL Bartlett and Cambridge University (both in UK). I have dual citizenship in UK which qualifies me for resident fees. I wanted to study at UCL or Cambridge since the program is 3 years, since of course becoming an architect is a lengthy process, then return here for a 2 yr M. Arch degree. Would it be harder to get accepted into a 2 yr M. Arch degree, at say Georgia Tech, if I were to do my 3 yr BSc at a top architecture school in UK? Also, if anyone has tips or advice on getting into UCL Bartlett or Cambridge, that would be helpful as well.

Jun 14, 15 4:49 am
justinritchey17

Where do you want to practice architecture at, the UK or US? Both countries have different requirements for the professional architecture degree (the masters). I am not sure if the US recognizes the master degree in the UK and visas versa. However, the undergrad does not matter. So get your undergrad in the country you don't want to practice in and get your masters where you do want to practice in, to avoid having to get a second masters. I could be wrong but I don't think NCARB (US) will accept a professional degree from the UK, and neither will ARB (UK) accept a professional degree from the US. So keep that in mind. If I am wrong, please call me out on it. However, I do not think it will be harder to go into a 2 year MArch in the US, because of the high ranking of the UK schools you mentioned. As long as you have an impressive portfolio from your BSc from England you will be fine. To get into UCL or Cambridge I would start building up a portfolio (drawings, sketch up, photo shop, etc.) and try to master you SAT or ACT scores, or whatever tests UK requires. 

Jun 16, 15 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: