Archinect
anchor

Theoretical Master Degree in Europe

ChrisPas

Dear Colleagues,

I have some thoughts about my future and I would like to share them with you in case you have something to point out. Any thought or suggestion would be helpful.

Having finished my Bachelor and Master Degree in Architecture in Greece, it is time to think seriously about my future in architecture both as professional and academic researcher. During those years I managed to built a resumé based both on designing and theoretical approaches of basic architectural principles. 

It is my intention to continue my studies to a Phd level in US. After a conversation with an american consultant who directs an american educational foundation in Greece, he suggested  taking a master degree from another european university before moving to US. This will improve my curriculum vitae and potentially broaden my experience. At the same time, I received a proposal from a german well-known architectural firm to work as an intern for at least one year. 

I finally accepted the internship in Germany for one year while at the same time I could search for a master degree in Europe. Considering the fact that I would like to get a Phd, do you think that a design master degree could be appropriate or I should lean to a theoretical one? After a brief search I didn't manage to find any theoretical master degree in english (except for UK). Could you recommend me some in countries like Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark or Switzerland?

I would appreciate any comment you may have for any thought I expressed. Thanks in advance.

May 11, 15 3:13 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: