Archinect
anchor

Got accepted to SCAD

interiordesignit
is scad worth that large tuition?

May 9, 15 7:09 pm
Narcus

My sister is studying there. Its not. Try for a better, lesser commercial school, also I have heard they flunk people so that they have to stay longer and pay more. 

May 9, 15 11:40 pm  · 
1  · 
Hupope20
You couldnt be more completely wrong... They dont fail anyone first of all. If you flunk out of SCAD then you did that to youself because it is not hard to pass. Secondily, SCAD is a great school to expand your knowledge about architecture or interior design with a diverse culture around you. I am about to graduate with my M.Arch from SCAD and have had multiple job offers. It is a great school that people are really looking at in the working world because of the creative background and skill set that we bring to the table. So i would recommend it
May 10, 15 11:02 am  · 
 · 
anonitect

^And they certainly won't fail anyone for poor writing mechanics.

I've heard some pretty horrible things - its a privately owned school and the owner was pulling down over a million a year, at least for a while. It also has a reputation for chewing up adjunct faculty. (I don't think that they even have tenured faculty, but I could be wrong about that.)

The only two people I've met with degrees from SCAD have been pretty unimpressive, entitled, rich kids. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but beware. It sounds like you're already unsure. Do they have assistantships? Scholarships? Most grad students don't pay full price.

May 10, 15 11:40 am  · 
1  · 
interiordesignit
Thank you all for your help
May 10, 15 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: