Archinect
anchor

Architecture thesis ... masterplan ... need input ...

architectusman

I am a final year student of B.Arch, my thesis is based on how Architecture has become ocular-centric and the aural sense is being neglected. The program of the building is a Music Institute, as it allows me to explore the aspects in full. Currently I am at the space organization phase and i'm not entirely certain how to place them on the site. The thesis directs the spaces be harmonious with one another, both visually and aurally. The sites' contours range from 0ft to +40ft (densely vegetated). 

The problem I am having is that at this point I cannot seem to organize spaces in a way that compliments the masterplan, zoning, site specific and programmatic concerns and the layering of thesis' concerned amendments.

Please comment ...  

May 9, 15 9:59 am
midlander

it's a pretty good topic. But I don't think anyone can make useful comments if you don't at least post links to a site plan and some sketches...

May 9, 15 10:47 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Carnegie Hall is, on the inside, stunningly gorgeous and has the best acoustics I've ever heard in my life. You can hear a pin drop and it's sound travels for what seems like minutes. While not a music institute, it's a music hall that has one job; to stun it's audiences both, as you say, visually and aurally.
May 9, 15 11:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: