Archinect
anchor

Tips for Prospective M Arch I Student (Pre-Professional)

kehaki_

*I apologize if there's another similar thread.*

Im at Rutgers double majoring in Urban Planning/Design and Psychology and I hope to get into architecture school when I graduate. I was wondering how I should prepare to begin applying. I had the following questions:

1. How should I prepare my portfolio? I don't really have anything so far to add (Im taking an arch design class right now but my projects are very basic and minimal so far) My major will require planning studios for two semester so will I be able to add those?

2. Im thinking about trying to do a dual degree program and the following had it:

Columbia, UCLA

Should I try the dual degree or will my undergrad experience in planning be enough for the field?

3. Other schools I was looking at include:

Harvard, University of Toronto, University of Hawaii, NJIT, Pratt Institute, Rhode Island

Any thoughts? What kind of GPA, portfolio, should I have?

Thanks!

P.S. http://bloustein.rutgers.edu/undergraduate/urbanplanninganddesign/

link is my major requirements so its just a glimpse of what classes I have taken/will take.

May 1, 15 9:29 pm
placebeyondthesplines

What about those other schools is appealing to you? That list is all over the place and makes very little sense.

May 2, 15 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

This might be an oversimplification, but have you gine to the programs' websites and seen student work? If so, you need to somehow demonstrate in your portfolio that you have the potential of producing similar work... Your studio classes will consume the majority of your time....

May 2, 15 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: