Archinect
anchor

Need urgent help in my project

zeina.az

Im a 3rd year architecture student, the current project im workin on is a cultural center facing the sea..I have concept sketches, plans, n a study model, the forms are somehow complex so im having a bit of difficulties developping my idea and managing the spaces. 

Any help is appreciated

Mar 14, 15 3:10 pm
natematt

What is the thought behind the building? What are you trying to do? Why?

Mar 14, 15 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Korearch

Always you have to cast a doubt to yourself "Why am I doing this?"                                            And think about this.

-What a cultural centre faced to the sea gives its virtues to people.                                                 -How people react & experience in the spaces of the centre, surrounded by water.                        -Design a rule how to organise and array the spaces rather than creating a new form.          

Do not make your project lead you to somewhere.                                                               Lead your own project with your conviction, which is made by incessant tryings and fails.           

I bet the concept above would be a nice alternative to the next step.

Mar 14, 15 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

"And since every present state of a simple substance is a natural consequence of its preceding state, the present is pregnant with the future." - Leibniz

don't ask why I had that handy....

by "managing spaces" do you mean making more realistic?  Model it now.  Sketches are good for a start, but really need flushing out in a computer to get closer to reality.

now what none of use understand so far, what do the forms have to do with anything?

Mar 14, 15 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

Draw sections that connect the site tot he water line and in the models and drawings have scale figures.

Also what sort of culture is this, Norwegian, Irish, Moroccan? The sea means different things to different cultures and some more context for the project. it's location, the cultural community it aims to serve would be helpful.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Mar 17, 15 9:34 am  · 
 · 
x intern

You need more acute angles.  They make for the best buildings.

recognize this isn't a real building and treat it more as art for arts sake.  You are obviously going for an experiential space and not one that has any use beyond this, so embrace the crazy and take it all the way. 

Mar 17, 15 10:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: