Archinect
anchor

thesis topic help

hi, 

i have to select a thesis topic this semester and i want to do something related to housing,but not completely housing related like combination of housing and landscape, is resort the only topic i can select or you please suggest anything else ?

Mar 9, 15 4:07 pm
feliz

A thesis, as I understood it, is a hypothesis of sorts. You must first think of a question or an issue. It is through your thesis study and research that try to answer your question or fund a solution to the problem. I don't think you'll have a very rewarding graduate project with a thesis that is simply, "resort". You should ask yourself why you feel architecture and nature are an important combination. What do you see lacking in this area of design? Why should we care? Then, spend your graduate time finding/creating a answer.

Mar 9, 15 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
saisha

thank you for your reply 

it is very helpful and changed the perspective of my thinking 

Mar 10, 15 5:01 am  · 
 · 
saisha

and i think i shoud rephrase my forum question its actually not thesis-dissertation type but actually a final year project work and in college we were advised to take a live project or something of that sort . sorry for the trouble,really appreciate the quick response@feliz

Mar 10, 15 7:04 am  · 
 · 
Ross Wienert

If you are interested in housing and landscape, it might be interesting to consider how some of the micro-housing initiatives happening in New York could impact rural areas and small towns by reintroducing density into old city centers.  You could also look at precedent's like the Garden City, City Beautiful, Broadacre City, Corb's plans for Paris, etc.  Not sure if this is helpful, but kind of thinking out loud...

Mar 10, 15 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

Thanq @ross wienert .

as i have to give four to five options from which the faculty are goin to select my topic. i'll study more about micro housing. as i live in a city which has a beach i was also considering topics like seafront villas  etc.

Mar 10, 15 2:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: