Archinect
anchor

Grad School

Hello everybody! 

Having trouble deciding between the following graduate programs...any and all comments are welcome  

1) UT Austin

2) University of Oregon

3) USC

4) Tulane University 

still waiting to hear back from and hoping to get in UCLA and UC Berkeley 

Thanks! 

Mar 6, 15 8:21 pm
xsfxcx

hi ssimenhoff 

did u get scholarship for USC? I was admitted too!!

Mar 6, 15 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
verticalgaze

Why even bother going to graduate school if you have no idea where your interests will best flourish? It's not like undergraduate where all you do is leech information and pass through the days in a haze. You are expected to contribute so knowing why these schools were chosen besides just the ease of acceptance is crucial to figure out now.

Mar 6, 15 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
ssimenhoff

i did get scholarship at USC, also Tulane which is where I am graduating from undergrad now. 

@verticalgaze, I have pros and cons about each program but just wanted to see what other people thought and was going to compare to my own thoughts...don't rush to conclusions 

Mar 6, 15 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
verticalgaze

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you can't settle on this decision, how will you proceed with research later on? Will you ever trust your own judgment?

The opinions you can gather here are not representative of much more than overzealous users who come from a school and decided to voice their enthusiasm or disdain. It's as useful as reading the school brochures but in casual Yelp-like prose.

Mar 6, 15 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
ssimenhoff

ok...

still interested in if other people feel inclined to comment thanks. 

Mar 6, 15 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
xsfxcx

Coz  I have not complete my application so I am just asking to see if the scholarship information comes with the official letter ???

Mar 7, 15 6:01 am  · 
 · 
ssimenhoff

Yes i believe it does 

Mar 7, 15 3:53 pm  · 
 · 

I got into Tulane and U Oregon too and am having trouble deciding between the two. let me know if you find any groundbreaking information.  How was your experience as an undergrad at Tulane?

Apr 4, 16 10:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: