Archinect
anchor

Thesis Topic - Cinema centre

Rio9891

Hi all,

First of all, don't take the title to serious, I'm not even sure what to call my idea yet.

What inspired me?

The cinema culture as we know it, the smell of popcorn, movie posters, collectables, funny food, toys, the pop culture and what have you.

What I want to do?

I want to embrace this culture through the design of a cinema hub, large open spaces with movie character models, playfull activities, fun food.. just capturing the spirit of it.

How can this become a thesis?

Since the content of cinema is constantly changing, how can a place be flexible enough to occomadate it? What is the relationship between architecture and pop culture? Is it a working museum?

I think it still very loose, that’s why I’m here today to ask for guidance.

Thanks,

Rio.

Jan 25, 15 11:43 am
placebeyondthesplines

These "thesis" posts are getting worse every day. The premise of this project is idiotic. 

Jan 26, 15 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

A thesis topic can be about anything. Cinema is a fun one, you are asking some good questions. Now you should try to answer your own questions. It's okay to make assumptions but try to back it up with data/facts. 

Jan 26, 15 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Rio9891

placebeyondthesplines: Yes! 

toosaturated: Thanks for the reply, after several days of wondering what it is that I'm onto and finally realized that I should instead be focusing on the pop culture. I think further reading into the subject may be a good idea and hoping to find a problematic statement or opportunity to base my premise on.

Jan 27, 15 1:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: