Archinect
anchor

Transfer from University

Hi,

I have a question regarding transfer from one university to other.  I started Master's in Urban Planning in a reputed university in the US in Fall 2014. But now I want to take transfer to an university in west coast. 

I am not able to understand if taking transfer if possible . If yes, how should I proceed with this? And if I take transfer how will it affect my resume or career ahead? Does it affect that much?

Also, I heard that my credits will not be transferred and it will be similar to starting my master's again. Can someone help me out? Please.

Thanks in Advance

Jan 4, 15 5:32 pm
null pointer

Met a guy who did that.

He now runs a big design team for one of the big international firms.

Had to start from scratch.

Call the university you want to transfer to, I don't know why this is something you'd post here instead of just ask directly. Keep your neuroses to yourself.

Jan 4, 15 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

It will very likely require starting over. This was a decision you should have made before beginning graduate school. "Transferring" is rarely an option for graduate students, who are expected to be more focused, thoughtful, and prepared than undergraduates.

Jan 4, 15 7:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: