Archinect
anchor

Architectural Christmas Cards and Gifts

mike-garcia

I just got a Christmas card from my boss and a small box of chocolates. It was such a nice gesture of appreciation that now I want to send out gifts to everyone else. I want to know what some simple, but clever architecture themed gifts people here have shared with friends and co-workers. Anyone know of some good Christmas card ideas? I like the building pop up ones, but I am running out of time to go hunt these things down.

Dec 18, 14 12:31 am
Non Sequitur

Mike, last year one of the partners in my office surprised me with an expensive bottle of wine at Christmas. He made it known that he was not expecting anything in return and that it was his way of saying thanks for the year's work. Little else to say but the gesture was very much appreciated at the time and later on when I consumed the bottle.

This year, I am returning the favour by buying a large bottle of Baileys and leaving it next to the coffee machine for all to enjoy.

Dec 18, 14 8:44 am  · 
 · 

The Archispeak guys just did a podcast on Christmas gifts for architects.  Some of them are pricey (and lovely) items like Shinola watches, but they also suggest a box of good pens and rolls of trace...we can never have too many of those things!

Dec 18, 14 8:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oh, trace shortage? We just went through one of those earlier this month and it was panic everywhere. It's funny how civilization collapses when there is no more trace.

Dec 18, 14 8:55 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

I'm sending out generic moo.com postcards to my few clients.

It seems like every time I remind them of my existence, I end up getting a bit of work from them.

Dec 18, 14 11:30 am  · 
 · 
proto

archdaily just did their contest

http://www.archdaily.com/578345/archdaily-s-2014-holiday-card-contest-winners-announced/

Dec 18, 14 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

lol

'adolph the red nose reindeer'

as if he would allow that kind of ornament

Dec 18, 14 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

hah

Dec 18, 14 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

Oh my goodness. Those punny architecture Christmas cards are wonderful!

Dec 18, 14 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
The Bjarke Ingels and Zaha Hadid ones were my favorite. They're pretty good, I agree Donna.
Dec 18, 14 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
mike-garcia

Thanks guys.

The pun Cards on arch daily are great. I ran off to hallmark today after work, but was kind of disappointed with what they had. Its hard to find ginger bread men too. I know iv seen them, but now that I need them...  I think i'll print my own cards. Probably just look around for some iconic buildings and Photoshop some Christmas trees in or something and use that. Thanks for the suggestions.

The wine sounds like a great idea, but there are only two of us in my office.

Merry ChristMies

Dec 19, 14 3:42 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

bottle of wine....candy?  

I prefer cash money.

Dec 19, 14 9:58 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I got $50 cash in a card from a client. Made me smile. 

I made cookies for our clients. (note that I don't work in a firm, for those that don't know me.)

Dec 19, 14 10:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: