Archinect
anchor

internship in germany

pooja herle

hello everyone, am in my 4th year of architecture and the coming year i am planning to do my internship in germany. i want to know if its a good choice according to the scope and also is knowing german really matters ? any firms you could suggest?

Dec 6, 14 3:02 pm
green man

You are not the one who is looking for an internship abroad,don't annoy folks please.

Dec 8, 14 3:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

What the fuck you talking about Greenman?

Pooja, make sure it's a paid internship.

Dec 8, 14 8:57 am  · 
 · 

Depends what city you want to work in. Everyone wants to live in Berlin, so maybe focusing on other cities (Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Hamburg) you may have a better chance. 

competitionline.com/de will show you recently won competitions, job listings, and a list of firms in different cities. In general, small firms will only look at a non-German speaker if they are completely desperate, a larger more international firm may be more open to a non-German speaker. In all cases, you have to have exceptional skills to stand out from the multitudes of applicants. 

If you are still a student, it's expected that you will only receive a small stipend like 400-800 eur/month. 

If you're an EU citizen or a country that has a youth mobility visa agreement with Germany it will be simpler for you.  

Dec 8, 14 11:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: