Archinect
anchor

need a master thesis theme.

Non Sequitur

^ I don't think you understand how the internet works.

Nov 7, 14 10:36 am  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

Non-Sequitur isn't "raging" at all here, but simply calling the OP out on his demanding, uneducated, lazy question. This forum works very well as a testing ground for new thoughts and (although harsh sometimes) criticisms. I think the he may have better success doing some actual research first, writing a proper post with some original ideas AND THEN ask for comments. You have to bring something worth while to the table if you want a respectable answer. 

If you don't understand why my comments above are appropriate, then maybe this forum isn't for you - move along. 

Nov 7, 14 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

my grandma always said "stupid questions deserve stupid answers"

Nov 7, 14 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Green architecture is only about making better,not to repair,good to know.Not at all.

Nov 7, 14 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Green architecture is about slapping a green roof and solar panels on a 4000 sq.ft single-story suburban home outside Miami Florida.

Nov 7, 14 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

That's also right Non Sequitur.

Nov 7, 14 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it's also sarcasm...

Nov 7, 14 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

The item is not green architecture but in case of disaster.

Nov 7, 14 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

So very Socratic...

Nov 7, 14 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
I'm having a hard time parsing your sentences correctly. It's quite irritating to look at. Do your own work please. You came here without even a topic sentence. You didn't ask for sources, books, references. You came here asking for exactly your thesis. Nobody is going to give that to you. I want to know what your professors would think of this. You might as well ask them for your thesis.
Nov 8, 14 10:27 am  · 
 · 
tony gill

Green architecture is walking

Instead of using this

Nov 8, 14 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

green architecture is being able to park your car just outside the door of your 80th level condo unit.

Nov 8, 14 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Nov 8, 14 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Where's waldo in the bottom picture?

Nov 8, 14 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

About green

Nov 8, 14 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
meowhaus

What you need is an architecture themed version of SCIgen.

Nov 8, 14 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Explain it,how with the arguments?

A citation of me:Green architecture and disasters have always been together.Far away from disaters green is making building less voracious,mixity,.....................

Non sequitur,yes if your car is electric.

Nov 9, 14 7:51 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
How is parking an electric car green ARCHITECTURE?
Nov 9, 14 11:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ it is when you can park your electric car on the 80th floor. I figured it was obvious.

Michel, how about you try having the person who wrote your mini-bio write your "thesis" for you? At least they knew how to put together a sentence.

Nov 9, 14 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
NS, sorry. Wasn't playin close attention to the picture or words. It is obvious. Whoops
Nov 9, 14 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Can someone give me a usefull internet link for green architecture?

Knowledge is the common thread of all the great instructors.Knowledge allows a free and vital approach of the great education,as vitally true as the vast material itself.

Nov 11, 14 5:00 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Rest easy y'all, at least he ain't taking your job

Nov 11, 14 9:40 am  · 
 · 
shivuy

Get off the internet and look at some books. It's hard to help if you don't know what you want to research. Are you interested in energy efficiency? Water conservation? Material life cycles? Carbon footprints? Local materials? Passive solar design? Integrated design processes? Policies and history?

Saying that you're looking for 'green architecture' is as helpful as saying you want to do a thesis on 'buildings'.

Nov 11, 14 10:00 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

"Rest easy y'all, at least he ain't taking your job"

Amen FormZ, amen to that.

Nov 11, 14 10:01 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

these guys seem to be focused on 'green' architecture

http://www.usgbc.org/

Nov 11, 14 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Somehow parking an electric car outside your place on the 80th floor could be counterproductive. Have you seen pics of what is left of a Tesla after the battery caught fire?

Nov 11, 14 11:00 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Hang on folks, I have this one.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sustainable+Architecture+Thesis

I just saved everyone a lot of time.

Nov 12, 14 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Very impressive.I applaud you.Not only what you did is impressive,but also very usefull.I appreciated it.

Volunteer,i totally agree with you.

Nov 12, 14 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

i will write your paper for you.  5000$ us will get you a 20 page paper with footnotes on green disaster architecture for a better future.  Ill even include a design for an energy free gravity engine. I take pay pal.  

Nov 12, 14 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

"green disaster architecture for a better future"? Didn't the dude who designed the Aspen Art Museum already do this with his paper shelters for the poor? I am sure it must have been recycled paper, too!

Nov 12, 14 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

No it's not a good idea.Even if it doesn't seem to be,there not more value on it.Sustainability and disaster go together.

Nov 13, 14 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

two random ideas by Olaf, go for it!

www.vuuve.com

Nov 13, 14 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

I get it.

G..reen {A_rch} I tecture 4 the (fu)_ture_(s)!  

The green neighborhood Camp Sic Nlongkak,

the city of migrant workers.

I need an award.

Nov 14, 14 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
I heard this new term in a lunch and learn today..Eco-apartheid. Sounds like a good thesis topic.
Nov 14, 14 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

You get the next Pritzker! Then you can design the next Aspen Art Museum; the one they have now will have fallen apart by then. See how it works?

Nov 14, 14 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I am giving you pearls here....

Nov 14, 14 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
choresi

^^^^  

LOL

oh this thread.  dripping with sarcasm.  love it.

Nov 14, 14 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Olaf design ninja i am glad to heard it,it was an interesting link.

I am still thinking on how it works?.

Nov 16, 14 7:43 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Himawari

+

Deep Sea Dining (a lot deeper)

How fertile is the ocean's soil?

How much lighting do humans need to live healthy?

How much lighting do plants need?

+

Oxygen and Photosynthesis

Nov 16, 14 10:31 am  · 
 · 
lobio

unfair mario

Nov 16, 14 10:41 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

it would be interesting to design a large glass tunnel from the ocean floor to space.  we could pump the oceans water and all thise gross sharks into space where it would freeze into a comet.  that would leave the ocean floor open to farming without all that annoying sea water and all those mean sharks. SUSTAINABLE!

Nov 16, 14 11:57 am  · 
 · 
tony gill

I wonder how unfair mario could help me?Please guys,let's be more serious.I think the city of migrant workers is not a good idea.Because working on eco-apartheid will mean,to change that situation,and the bottom of the thing will disappear.Even if it might be a good topic, i'd better work on that neighborhood as it is. So G..reen {A_rch} I tecture 4 the (fu)_ture_(s)!: The green neighborhood Camp Sic Nlongkak.

Nov 17, 14 4:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Michel, is Nlongkak your project site?

Why is this a good site, is it a good example typical of central African settlement?

How can modifying this area affect the rest of the city/country?

Who will pay and build your proposal?

Do you even understand what makes a "green" neighbourhood?

Migrant cities, specifically in this part of the world, are an important factor. You cannot ignore this to make your project easier.

Perhaps if you started working on your own project and posted your own solutions / options with specific questions you might get some useful help.

Nov 17, 14 8:33 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

Do you even understand what makes a "green" neighbourhood?

paint.  SW 6732 "Organic Green" is a good choice.  i can't help with the rest.

Nov 17, 14 9:14 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curt

...wait, that's a real colour? It's... hospital green re-branded. ARGH, but will it go well next to my North-facing solar panels?

Nov 17, 14 9:26 am  · 
 · 
tony gill

Michel, go ahead.

Nov 17, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

Why everyone prefers the city of migrant workers?Yes i think i will choose the camp sic nlongkak.Thank you in advance for your help.You know a sustainable approach includes for example the mixity between the generations,sex,that we can't integrate in those cities.Because they are only for men,most of the time the workers in the field of construction,bricklayers,etc. at the age of the retirement people go back in their countries,which imply old people can't be allowed inside.Olaf design,i liked himawari,it 's the type of innovation i am very found.

Nov 18, 14 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

glad I could help Michel,  if any other similar systems come to mind will post.

Nov 18, 14 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
tony gill

The eco planing of a old neighborhood is like giving to it birth.I must revitalize it with the concext.Maybe i should just make my own project,but will it be so good?

Nov 19, 14 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: