Archinect
anchor

Undergraduate Arch Universities with Decent Scholarships

renaart

Hi folks!

I did much research reading in-n-out about schools and ended up with a list of ten universities:

1. SCI-Arc        2. Cornell        3. Pratt        4. USC        5. Syracuse

6. UC Berkeley          7. Cooper Union          8. RISD     9. CUNY  10. Carnegie Mellon

What is your opinion on certain aspects, such as:

A) How possible is to get a scholarship?

B) How hard is to get into? (I googled acceptance rates, sometimes they don't match with real ones which admission offices tell you.  For ex., SCI-Arc has 89% on google, but when I called them, a representative said that they accept 50 students out of 200.)

C) How hard is to study?

D) In which universities are campus environment, professors, and curriculum the best?

I'm a SBCC student with 4.0 GPA, but it may become 3.5 if I fail Calculus.  Moreover, I have amazing letters of recommendations, and a long list of extracurricular activities.  I want to narrow my list to 6 universities. 

Each response is highly appreciated!  Thank you for help!

Oct 11, 14 10:23 am
n1ntyn9n
I'm transferring to finish out my bachelors in fall. Have a similar application list. I talked with cornell and they accepted 4 transfers last year. I think the big thing is finding the school that's the best fit for you. I don't know anything else yet though. If your at a 2 yr school check out jack Kent Cooke as a scholarship tho.
Oct 12, 14 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
n1ntyn9n
I'm transferring to finish out my bachelors in fall. Have a similar application list. I talked with cornell and they accepted 4 transfers last year. I think the big thing is finding the school that's the best fit for you. I don't know anything else yet though. If your at a 2 yr school check out jack Kent Cooke as a scholarship tho.
Oct 12, 14 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
renaart

Thank you for the response! 4 transfers? That's ridiculous. Do you know if it any preference between freshmen and transfer students or they don't judge on this criteria?

Oct 13, 14 12:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: