Archinect
anchor

PHD at ETH EPFL admission

nordface

as i'm inform by their admission offices, the one has a post-professional master degree is not eligible to apply/enroll to doctoral programs in these schools.

epfl stated that a post professional master degree is not equivalent to their Msc. i agreed and said that one from epfl is not eligible to these post-professional master degrees in US / UK until they complete their MSc program in epfl.

i'm into teaching/academia. so i'm supposed to earn a second professional (master) degree while in most cases, applicant with a professional degree is not eligible to apply a professional master degree?

i don't wanna believe that they can not understand other formations apart from their 3+2 bac+master system. i'm just so tired of these norrow-minded europeans (yes generalization!). how to convince them to reconsider their requirements? anybody else has any similar experience? 

Oct 7, 14 6:27 am
nordface

hello?

Oct 9, 14 5:36 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Da fuk is ETH-EPFL?

Oct 9, 14 8:33 am  · 
 · 
nordface

well hello?

Oct 14, 14 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Engineers speak using acronyms. Most here require more info than strings of letters.

Oct 14, 14 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
nordface

ETH Zürich - Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich / L'École polytechnique fédérale de Zurich / Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich

EPFL - École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne / Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Lausanne / Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne

Oct 14, 14 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

The lack of response, Nordface, means that no one here has the experience or knowledge to answer a rather complex question about schools that few here are familiar with.

Oct 14, 14 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
nordface

thanks citizen anyway, i don't know how to deal with this nonsense. 

Oct 16, 14 8:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: