Archinect
anchor

Is this possible?

Jason Alexander

I'm a community college student and want to get into architect, but the problem most of the schools in my state don't have any architect related programs. I was wondering is it possible for me to transfer in a architect program in a different state as well as study another field of study?

Sep 28, 14 1:40 am
midlander

maybe and sometimes.

you'll need to contact some of the schools you're interested in studying at and ask them what specific requirements they have. community college courses in CAD and possibly courses like calculus and physics might transfer, but not everything will. The people I know who did this were able to get some of their general-ed electives out of the way, but it didn't really shorten their time at college because they still needed to take design studio, structures, etc.

It shouldn't matter whether the college and the architecture program are in different states. But only the relevant department of the college you will transfer to can tell you what their degree requires and what is possible for transfers. Figure out where you want to go and ask them.

Sep 28, 14 3:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: