Archinect
anchor

Unified Portfolio Feedback/Suggestions/Critique Thread

Hi,

Working on my academic portfolio, I've frequently been checking the many "portfolio critique", "not another portfolio critique..." threads to see what the community thinks about the various portfolios and the feedback that is being shared with the rest of us. I'm quite sure I sense a lack of a unified thread where students considering applying to a program or for a job can submit links to their portfolios/websites and get some feedback prior to sending them in, without feeling bad for starting a "yet another... " thread.

I also feel this can be achieved in a more systematic, formatted and organized way so that all submitting students, reviewers and general audience know how and what to gain from each post.

That being said I would like to start off with a set of guidelines, which of course, could improve with suggestions from the open community.

Portfolio Submitting Party

1. Portfolio Category (Applying for program (M.Arch I, M.Arch II, Ph.D)/Applying for job)

2. Educational Background (B.Arch, B.A, M.Sc, non architectural background, ...)

3. Portfolio Link (Issuu, personal website, ...)

4. Questions (Anything that you require an answer to regarding the submitted portfolio)

5. Additional Details (Any other thoughts or details that are needed to be shared)

Portfolio Reviewing Party

1. ***Add Name here***'s Portfolio (Replying to which post?)

2. Projects (Insight on documents, material, process, diagrams, descriptions, text, ...)

3. Design (Aesthetic, formatting, layout, fonts, images, colors, proportions, ...)

4. General Suggestions (Any further details, links, tips, errors, ...)

Feel free to add any other related info or suggestions to improve this thread.

Sep 19, 14 5:08 pm

Category: Applying for M.Arch I

Background: B.Arch (4 yrs)

portfolio: http://issuu.com/alirezashojakhani/docs/20140423_alireza_shojakhani_portfol

I will be applying for a few programs in the US this year, please let me know what should be improved. Any overall comments and suggestions are more than welcome. 

Thanks,

Sep 19, 14 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

@CHI-GMP

I agree. Maybe we should make this suggestion to Archinect's team. 

But until then, like all other threads, I'm suggesting the reviewers specify which post they are replying to.

I understand at times the thread may become a bit confusing but on the other hand, what we will end up with is a lot of links for inspiration/ideas while also pointing out the good and bad of each portfolio further enhancing the reviewing process and overall purpose of such a thread.

nevertheless, I completely agree with your suggestion for a separate forum section.

Best,

Sep 19, 14 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

Just start the 2014/2015 school applicant portfolio thread already and let it die naturally. With the exception of early birds this time of year, there usually aren't too many portfolio threads that don't eventually get buried (for good reason). Special flowers are annoying.

The Twitter-like @ replies worked fine before and it's not like that many input anyways--usually just a half dozen voices that chime in consistently.

Sep 19, 14 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: