Archinect
anchor

Studio Balloting - How do you choose the studio?

2014March

Hi, 

I think many of you have a chance to choose your studio after the professors present their studio beliefs. I am wondering how you decide your studio, and if you have regretted choosing any studios for your past studio experiences.

Aug 31, 14 5:54 pm
archanonymous

I really regretted choosing my Thesis studio/ professor. Never go for the wanna-be "starchitect" who flies in and out every week and doesn't even know the tools or techniques his minions use to create his work.

Sep 1, 14 6:17 pm  · 
 · 

In our options studios at Tulane, I went with projects I felt I wanted to work on/a professor that I hadn't had a studio under yet but wanted to have based on the quality of their feedback given in previous reviews. That worked out well. For thesis, I went with a professor that fell closely to my views and that I felt I would benefit from having, plus I had two other professors who I had developed a close relationship with during my years at Tulane as outside advisors.

I second archanonymous's view - and we had a professor like that as well. I know one time the students in his section had to do a review via Skype. It is one thing to have a starchitect professor, but there is quite a difference between them being engaged/in studio day in and day out or constantly busy with other things and never getting the opportunity for quality crit time.

Sep 1, 14 8:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: