Archinect
anchor

Archinect, please boycott Israel (its about time!)

chigurh

ha...non seq...best gif ever.

tammuz, let it go bro...

just dropped by to see what the hell was going on in this turd of a thread.

Oct 28, 14 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

do you blame tammuz for not wanting to engage (even though he does so to a more civilized degree) with bunch of high school level messages? do you really re-read your messages and compare with his?  

Oct 28, 14 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Orhan, do you think repudiating the history of the holocaust is civilized? And, yeah, I reread my messages and have compared my responses to yours and his. You're a half wit and the fact that you're a faculty member at a public university speaks volumes about American cultural decline.

non seq, sorry I know this shit is getting old but it's disturbing to see Tammuz engage in this historical revisionism.

Oct 28, 14 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Orhan, you've bet on the wrong horse in this race.

Alternative, you're right and TAMMUZ's opinions are utterly worthless.

Oct 28, 14 5:09 pm  · 
 · 

Apparently you bots bother to come back like addicted to "Dubai gay," "moron," "stupid," "idiot," Arab," "Muslim," "sour puss," whatever. 

You hate this thread, you started bunch of other threads nobody paid any attention, you keep coming back. What does that tell us about you?

So far none of you posted their real name. that's another cowardice act.

Keep it coming. 

I don't bet, I stand against barbarism.

Oct 28, 14 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

sure, sure, sure.

Stand pad with your blinders on tight and plenty will keep up with the ridicule.

Oct 28, 14 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Orhan, when did I ever use the terms "Arab," "Muslim" or "gay" as pejoratives?

Oct 28, 14 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

I'll add that nobody paid attention to my threads because they never made it onto the forum. Wonder why.

Oct 28, 14 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

And even abroad...the Zionist brutes

From Allegations of anti-Semitism used to cover up anti-Palestinian hate crime in Brooklyn

US Politics

Ben Norton on October 23, 2014 65 Comments

Lawyer Lamis Deek, flanked by Nerdeen Kiswani to her right, says that Kiswani was the victim of a hate crime at the Barclays Center. (Photo: ELI ROSENBERG/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

Lawyer Lamis Deek, flanked by Nerdeen Kiswani to her right, says that Kiswani was the victim of a hate crime at the Barclays Center. (Photo: ELI ROSENBERG/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)

On the evening of October 7th, after a basketball game between the Brooklyn Nets and the Israeli team Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Palestinian-American Nerdeen Kiswani was attacked by a group of Maccabi Electra fans. The 20-year-old Hunter College student was punched in the stomach, and a Palestinian flag was torn from her hands.

Among her attackers was Leonard Petlakh, a professor of Jewish history at her own school, and the executive director of the Kings Bay YM-YWHA (Young Men’s Hebrew Association). According to witnesses present during the assault, along with video evidence, Petlakh and his accomplices were plotting their attack on the young woman.

Kiswani published a Facebook status at 10:14pm on the night of the attack, recounting the horrific event. Her Palestinian flag was torn from her hands and she was punched in the stomach. She wrote “I was shaking and screaming and told them what happened [but] they pushed me to the side and let him go even though it was on camera.” Kiswani adds that several witnesses told the guards they explicitly saw the attack, but the guards did not listen and let Petlakh and his accomplices go. “I’m shaking,” she recalled. “They got 6 guards on me for a flag, a Zionist punches me in the stomach [and] I get cursed out by tons of white middle aged men. I’m the only visibly Muslim woman there.”

This is not the first time Kiswani has been targeted by police. She said

the number of times I’ve been assaulted by police for being near a protest [and] for existing as a Muslim Palestinian woman in this city is insane. I brush it off all the time. But this time when there’s witnesses and I get assaulted by a middle aged man in front of hundreds of people I honestly didn’t believe they’d look at me like I was crazy and let him go. … It’s exhausting being a Palestinian Muslim woman in this world. … Cops only exist to protect certain kinds of people, especially in NYC. I’m not one of those people.

Oct 29, 14 12:38 am  · 
 · 

tammuz, do you think curtailed but not so implicit hate for muslims and the arabs or non jewish or christian middle easterners involved or harbored in some of the posts by certain people here on this thread?

because i don't see these people use these kind of adjectives for anyone else in their posts.

Oct 29, 14 2:33 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Imagine that story Tammuz posted had the sides flipped to it; where a mob of Muslim middle aged men at a basketball game had punched a young Jewish girl in the stomach after tearing an Israeli flag from her.  Easily CNN front page news for a week with prominent politicians getting in on the action.

Here's where it gets even more ridiculous.  The fact that i made the assertion that major news media would take the story more seriously had the sides been flipped is itself considered a form of "antisemitism."  Lol.

Like I said earlier, all this crap the pro-Israel brigade are posting is just a response to the butt-hurt they've been experiencing ever since support for Israel lost its fashionable mainstream appeal of the Bush presidency heydays.

Oct 29, 14 5:05 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Tammuz, I agree that the attack at Barclays was wrong-- but those people don't represent the entire state of Israel.

And, AI, if you didn't know, there were attacks against Jews all over Europe this summer, on account of the Gaza conflict.

http://rt.com/news/176732-antisemitism-jews-violence-europe/

Anti-Semitic attacks soar across Europe amid Israel’s operation in Gaza

Published time: July 30, 2014 15:16

Get short URL

Jewish communities around the world are getting to grips with a recent upswing in anti-Semitic incidents after the latest Israeli-Hamas conflict. These have included physical assaults, firebombing of synagogues and calls for violence against Israelis.

Organizations such as Britain’s Community Security Trust are cataloging occurrences and attempting to make some sort of sense out of the data. Meanwhile, the American Agudath Israel organization linked the violence to the steady rise in anti-Semitic incidents in Europe over the last years, many of which have been connected to Muslim and Arab immigrants, recently issued a statement encapsulating the view of many Jews, the Jerusalem Post reports.

“The pretense that these attacks are not anti-Semitic, but merely a reaction to current events in the Middle East, is cynical and decidedly false. When a Paris mob besieges and throws bricks at a synagogue with 200 congregants inside, it is anti-Semitism,” the group said.

According to a 2013 study by the European Union’s Fundamental Rights Agency, one-third of European Jews polled refrained from wearing religious garb or Jewish symbols out of fear, and 23 percent avoided attending Jewish events or going to Jewish venues. Almost one-third of Jews polled in several countries said they were mulling emigration as a response to heightened anti-Jewish sentiment.

UK seeing 50 percent rise in hate crimes against Jews

The UK is no exception, with police and community groups noting a 50 percent increase in anti-Semitic acts over the past month.

Bomb threats, vandalized synagogues, racist banners and assaults are just some of the anti-Semitic hate crimes plaguing the UK since the Israel-Gaza crisis began. Again, a large proportion of this discriminatory abuse is being carried out by young Muslim males, according to the Sunday Times.

According to the Community Security Trust’s officials, a charity that monitors and fights anti-Semitism throughout Britain, roughly 100 hate crimes have occurred in the UK in the past month alone – over double the number the organization would usually expect.

“This is well over double what we would normally expect to see and most of the incidents are linked to what’s going on in Israel and Gaza,” a CST spokesman said. Britain has not seen such a stark escalation in anti-Semitic hate crimes since the Gaza War in 2009, in which almost 1,400 Palestinians lost their lives, he added.

Germany, France and Italy all rocked by attacks this week

Three arsonists threw Molotov cocktails at the Bergische Synagogue in the western German town of Wuppertal early Tuesday morning in an attempt to burn it down, the Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung daily reports. Police said it found broken bottles by the entrance to the doors of the synagogue and arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with the incident.

No one was injured in the attack and there was little visible damage on the outside of the building.

Meanwhile, Italian police are investigating a spate of anti-Jewish and anti-Israeli graffiti in Rome. Dozens of swastikas, slogans and posters were found spray-painted or plastered on walls and shop windows on Monday in various parts of the city.

They included slogans such as “Dirty Jews,” “Jews – your end is near,” “Out with Zionists,” and “Israel executioner.” Jewish leaders, along with local and state officials, strongly condemned the vandalism.

Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino called the affair shameful and “an insult to all Romans.” He expressed solidarity with the Jewish community, saying “Rome wants and must be the capital of dialogue and peace, and not the terrain of barbarism.”

Police in Toulouse have arrested a man who threw three firebombs at a Jewish community center. The man, who has not been named, hurled two firebombs at the building and the other at officers guarding the center.

The incident happened Saturday, one hour after the conclusion of a demonstration against Israel’s military operation in Gaza, AFP reported. None of the Molotov cocktails managed to ignite. The attacker also hurled stones at the Espace du Judaisme center, which contains a synagogue, a library and a lecture room.

“Our lives have become absurd,” Nicole Yardeni, the head of the local branch of the CRIF umbrella group of French Jewish communities. “We endure daily insults and get spat on, a general feeling of anxiety because a part of the population has a poisoned mind that makes it their mission to hurt Jews, regardless of Gaza.”

On Sunday, around 2,000 people, the majority who were Jews, held a rally in Marseille to express their solidarity with Israel and its ongoing campaign against Hamas in Gaza.

Toulouse has experienced anti-Semitism in the past. In 2012 a gunman has shot dead a teacher and three children at a Jewish school in the city.

Israel’s domestic policy leading to rise in anti-Semitism abroad

There was a spike in the number of crimes committed against Israeli’s and Jews and other manifestations of racial hatred as soon as Operation Protective Edge got under way July 8 to suppress Hamas in Gaza. However, the rise in anti-Semitism is nothing new, with the Jerusalem Post saying a rise in incidents also occurred during Operation Pillar of Defense in 2012 and Operation Cast Lead in 2009.The year following Operation Cast Lead was the “worst since monitoring of anti-Semitic manifestations began two decades ago, in terms of both major anti-Semitic violence and the hostile atmosphere generated worldwide by the mass demonstrations and verbal and visual expressions against Israel and the Jews,” according to experts at Tel Aviv University’s Kantor Center for the Study of Contemporary European Jewry.

Oct 29, 14 8:08 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

AI, I don't necessarily think you're antisemitic, but you're unquestionably ignorant.

Oct 29, 14 8:09 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Orhan, one's choice in the name they call their invisible sky daddies is irrelevant.

Labelling opposing view points as islamaphobe is just another diversion TAMMUZ and yourself use to avoid dealing with your own prejudices.

I thought this was not about religion... TAMMUZ mentioned this back in the early days of this idiotic, yet entertaining, discussion.

Oct 29, 14 8:14 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Please tell me where I've said anything anti-Arab or anti-Muslim. I've called Tammuz an idiot because he's denying crucial facts about the Holocaust. 

I agree with Non Seq, it's strange how you both like to attack any Israel supporters who detect anti-Semitism; but when people who oppose your views speak up, suddenly, they're anti-Muslim and/or anti-Arab?

Oct 29, 14 9:03 am  · 
 · 

calling people anti semite for criticising israel for the murder of palestinian women and children? that is a petty crime. another one is, you are all helping the definition of anti semitism lose its meaning, that's a more serious crime.

again, how many palestinian children were 'murdered' by israeli forces in recent gaza offensive? i am asking you one more time, please write the numbers in a sentence...

Oct 29, 14 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Orhan, it's alarming to see you -- a self-professed academic-- struggle with basic reading comprehension. 

I don't have the exact numbers (there are disputes about what the accurate numbers really are), but yes, hundreds of Palestinian women and children died over the summer. I'm not arguing this! I'm not happy about it! I think it's horrible. Why do you think that I'm trying to avoid the issue? I've addressed this several times now.

I'm not calling anyone an antisemite for criticizing Israel. If you'll recall, I've criticized Israeli policies at several points during this (futile) debate.

What I am saying is that Tammuz's assertions that the people of Israel have no connection to the holocaust is an outright lie meant to rewrite the history of the Holocaust and its effects. I do consider that to be a gesture of anti-Semitism.  The only reason that I continue to linger on this really pathetic thread is to ensure that impressionable readers remember that the Holocaust was real and that a lot of Jews ended up in Israel because they had nowhere else to go (the US wouldn't take them).

Do you have anything to say about the calls by Hamas, Hizbollah, and Islamic Jihad to rid the world of Jews? 

Oct 29, 14 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Hundreds died as Israel was defending itself against rocket attacks by Hamas. Hamas initiated bombings against Israel, and broke every ceasefire over the summer.

Mahmoud Abbas faults Hamas for the Palestinian bloodshed. (Al Jazeera link, just in case you think I'm using some biased source).  Again, I think that the death of innocent women and children is a terrible thing, but you can't look at this in a vacuum and accuse Israel of unilaterally initiating attacks. 

From the Al Jazeera article:

Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, has blamed Hamas for triggering Israel's deadly raids on Gaza, by not extending a six-month truce with the Jewish state.

He also blamed Hamas, which controls the coastal Gaza Strip territory, for disrupting national unity talks that could have paved the way for general and presidential elections.

"We have warned of this grave danger," he said in Cairo, Egypt, on Sunday.

"We talked to them [Hamas] and we told them, 'please, we ask you, do not end the truce. Let the truce continue and not stop", so that we could have avoided what happened."

Oct 29, 14 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Finally, as a gay man, I take issue with your accusations that my asking Tammuz whether he is gay and from Dubai was some sort of attack on him. I was trying to reach common ground with him. You've accused me of using "gay" as some sort of insult.

Maybe you should look within to locate the hatred you appear to detect in others.

Oct 29, 14 11:40 am  · 
 · 

hundreds didn't just die, they were murdered by a terrorist state orders. palestinians will fight any means possible against the brutal colonialism, apartheid and against organized criminals who steal their land, beat them up for being of a certain race, rape their families, kill their mothers, fathers and children who are mostly innocent of any crime.

all your disclaimers are said in denial and you are a liar when you say you are against all that and then you turn around and rationalize as if the murders were justified. you are hardly sincere. a joke. same chickenshit as your boss.

Oct 29, 14 11:49 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

geez orhan, if you're so concerned about the statistics you're unable to find, maybe this will help you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+palestinian+children+were+%27murdered%27+by+israeli+forces+in+recent+gaza+offensive

Oct 29, 14 11:50 am  · 
 · 

curtkram do you live on brilliant rd.? double geez.

Oct 29, 14 11:55 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i do not live on brilliant road.

Oct 29, 14 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Orhan, it's clear from this argument that you don't believe in the existence of the state of Israel and you seem unfazed by the genocidal directive of Hamas. Nor do you seem willing to acknowledge that Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank oppose Hamas, but are often silenced and killed (excuse me-- murdered) by Hamas. 

You seem to be referencing Bibi Netanyahu with the "chickenshit" reference (I read that Atlantic article too). I've repeatedly stated that I'm opposed to Bibi and Likud, but I support the State of Israel. You have a very one-dimensional view of things. 

Oct 29, 14 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

so you are against the killings and racism but support the murderer and the racist? 

Oct 29, 14 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

You really need to work on your reading and writing skills.

I believe in the State of Israel. I support Israel's right to defend itself against rocket attacks along with tunnel sieges directed by Hamas. That means, destroying rocket launchers used to launch mortar attacks on Israeli civilians, and destroying tunnels that Hamas built with concrete that it received through foreign aid programs.

This summer, as Israel took out rocket launchers and destroyed those tunnels, it took steps to warn Palestinian civilians that these attacks would occur. But again, Hamas has encouraged civilians to remain in their homes and has placed weaponry alongside residential buildings, schools, and hospitals, even though there are many open fields in Gaza where this armament could have been installed. 

I don't support Bibi Netanyahu, who has pushed for more settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. This type of activity leads to extremist religious Jews (who are not representative of the Israeli population) clashing against Palestinians who live there and creating more conflict. I also agree that the IDF has not been even-handed in settling disputes with settlers and Palestinians (both the Palestinians and the settlers have been violent, but the Jewish settlers have been treated with kid gloves).  

That is why I oppose Likud and Bibi Netanyahu.

I am against Jewish extremism, but not all Israelis are extreme and it's inaccurate and unfair to portray them as such. 

Any other questions?

Oct 29, 14 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

but orhan, both sides have murdered people and acted in racist manners.

trying to hide the real problems facing these two groups of people under clever one-liners like that does not help.  tammuz isn't smart enough to understand the history and the problems they're facing while trying to develop terms for a peaceful resolution, but you are. why not drop the act and show people you really are capable of addressing the real problems they're facing?

Oct 29, 14 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

tammuz understands the situation better than anybody here, including me. he has been addressing the core issues rather eloquently. he has the oppressed people's perspective on the issue.

Oct 29, 14 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

I don't understand with someone with family in Israel can't have a valid perspective. I don't know if rewriting the history of the Holocaust and blindly supporting Hamas reflects much of an understanding of the issues, either. To be clear, I have Palestinian friends.  

Oct 29, 14 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

tammuz wants to destroy a nation and its people.  having the perspective of one side of a bad situation isn't enough to say one understands the situation.

giving israel's military and nuclear capability to hamas would have negative consequences for the region. 

throwing a tantrum hardly qualifies as 'eloquent'

Oct 29, 14 3:13 pm  · 
 · 

No, tammuz does not want to destroy a nation and its people. He is merely supporting and help spreading a non violent boycott.

Israel on the other hand, is actively destroying a nation and its people rather in the open. I don't know why you guys keep refusing to see that and instead focusing on tammuz and his persona?

Oct 29, 14 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Actually, Orhan, you and Tammuz call people "bots" when people oppose your views and Tammuz supports Hamas, which calls for the destruction of Israel (and the killing of Jews).  Have any of the defenders of Israel called for Palestinian genocide?

I didn't think so.

Oct 29, 14 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

blindly supporting israel which actively destroys palestinian nation and its people is equal to supporting war crimes and destruction. some call it genocide which is becoming more common in the world opinion.

i have a question for you. what is your response to ever expanding jewish settlements in palestinian territories and illegally taking land that belong to palestinian owners?

Oct 29, 14 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Do you even read what I write? I am opposed to settlements.

Oct 29, 14 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

in my opinion, your boycott should have a focus on reconciliation that allows israelis and palestinians to live next to each other in peace.  most of us here would support that.  if we were to go by this thread and tammuz's persona, since this thread is about tammuz's persona, then the boycott he supports is just a vehicle for his desire to see a nation and its people destroyed.

we don't have to choose which nation and which people have a right to exist.  this thread tries to frame the problem in that context, but you don't have to accept that as the only possible alternative.  instead of picking which side you want to live, try to view it with the possibility that both sides could maintain their right to exist and their right to self-determination.  obviously something has to change for that to happen, but destroying israel isn't the only option, and it isn't the best option.

you'll notice very few of the copy/paste posts from tammuz discuss boycotting or reconciliation.  they're mostly focused on bad things israel has done so tammuz can try to justify his hate and racism towards israelis and spread that to anyone dumb enough to read them.

Oct 29, 14 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

tammuz has also said a few times that israel does not have a right to exist, and copy/pasted many things to support that.  that's how tammuz sees the boycott movement.  that's what this thread is about.  it's about destroying israel because tammuz doesn't think they have a right to exist.

if you wanted to change the topic to peaceful reconcilliation, i think the tone would change, but tammuz won't support that unless it involves a single state with a palestinian government and 'colonizer' (or however you want to say 'white people' or 'jewish' people or whatever) minority that doesn't have equitable political representation.

Oct 29, 14 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
shivuy

This thread made me finally create a profile so I can post stuff.

The deaths on either side are equally tragic, and until people are able to acknowledge that I don't see any chance for a peaceful resolution. I have tried to educate myself to the ongoing conflict, and I have not yet been able to figure out how this is even possible when everyone is downgrading the opposition from 'people' to 'evil-sounding buzzword'.

As far as boycotting, I look at it similar to a book-burning; you can't fix something by ignoring it and pretending that it doesn't exist.

Oct 29, 14 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Shivuy, I completely agree with everything you've written.

Oct 29, 14 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Orhan,

One needs only read through the argument basing itself on a suspicion -or their case, certitude- that a peaceful one state solution starting with Palestinians right of return and rectification is tantamount to being a threat to, as was said ,the "white man"'s residence in Palestine, which in itself is based on nothing short of theft, pillaging and murder. Whereas I am actually advocating a solution that offers true genuine redress and reconciliation by starting with the total dismantlement of Israel as a racist colonial regime -based on a hoodwinking identity that DEFINES itself as the sole proprietor of a land it stole-  and offering Palestinians proper redress and compensation while establishing full equality between Palestinians and x-so-called-Israelis, a realistic solution that recognizes that residents of the so-called Israel are not  , that other side sees that in itself as a threat to ..what exactly?

To a history of pillaging, massacres, colonialism and oppression. Its really surprising how psychopathic they can be here...and yet, on Thread Central, they start to coo with affection over their children's drawings. As if their children counted for something more important as if Palestinian children were subhuman, innocent expendable animals that got caught in the middle and the immediate result - therefore forgivably dispensable-  of the resistance fighting near or in residential areas. Even if that were true, what sort of twisted logic is that? Furthermore, what area in Gaza is not near or in a residential area? Its a densely inhabited open air prison that houses Palestinian refugees who got kicked out of their homes and lands in others parts of Palestine.

And your bringing up the numbers will be very valid here, we can determine whats a massacre and further what is an organized mass assault against a largely defenseless population compared to what is the resistance puny response against the best armed terrorist army (I meant the IDF) in the entire region). Yes, the death of an ISraeli child or more is tragic....but the life of one Israeli child cannot equate to the lives of 10 or 20 or 100 or 200. One cannot say that, well, lets just admit that both sides killed ...when there's at least a 1:10 proportion. One cannot say that especially in the context of a history of clear colonization and policy of oppression, dispossession and incremental genocide

Proportion matters here....history matters....context matters....logic matters. Rendering events ahistorical, anumerical, acontextual serves only the purpose to create fake equivalence, a forged history and the total obliteration of any sense of justice.

In reality, the Palestinians to this ilk amount to little compared to Israel. That ilk is inherently predisposed to disappear an indigenous population in favor to something closer to their world view, the Israelis. Yes of course they're racist; they think they know better and they think they are better...regardless of what I or you may say, regardless of whether all Palestinians were killed or thrown out of Palestine to make way for a Jewish only state colonized by everyone jewish around the world and empty of the Palestinians proper, "half-devil and half-child"

Rudyard Kipling should know.

Original title : "The White Man's Burden: The United States and The Philippine Islands"[11][12][13]

Take up the White Man's burden, Send forth the best ye breed
  Go bind your sons to exile, to serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness, On fluttered folk and wild--
  Your new-caught, sullen peoples, Half-devil and half-child.

Take up the White Man's burden, In patience to abide,
  To veil the threat of terror And check the show of pride;
By open speech and simple, An hundred times made plain
  To seek another's profit, And work another's gain.

Take up the White Man's burden, The savage wars of peace--
  Fill full the mouth of Famine And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest The end for others sought,
  Watch sloth and heathen Folly Bring all your hopes to nought.

Take up the White Man's burden, No tawdry rule of kings,
  But toil of serf and sweeper, The tale of common things.
The ports ye shall not enter, The roads ye shall not tread,
  Go mark[14] them with your living, And mark them with your dead.

Take up the White Man's burden And reap his old reward:
  The blame of those ye better, The hate of those ye guard--
The cry of hosts ye humour (Ah, slowly!) toward the light:--
  "Why brought he us from bondage, Our loved Egyptian night?"

Take up the White Man's burden, Ye dare not stoop to less--
  Nor call too loud on Freedom To cloke your weariness;
By all ye cry or whisper, By all ye leave or do,
  The silent, sullen peoples Shall weigh your gods and you.

Take up the White Man's burden, Have done with childish days--
  The lightly proferred laurel, The easy, ungrudged praise.
Comes now, to search your manhood, through all the thankless years
  Cold, edged with dear-bought wisdom, The judgment of your peers!

Oct 30, 14 1:34 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Again, to recall

List of Israeli Massacres

A list of massacres caused by the Zionist forces leading up to and during the establishment of the state of Israel:

The King David Massacre 1946

Explosion at the King David Hotel by the Jewish Agency & Irgun resulted in the deaths of 92 civilians including Britons, Arabs and Jews; wounding 58.

Baldat al-Shaikh Massacre 1947

First Battalion of Palmakh and the Carmelie brigade launched a raid against 2 towns, taking the outlying homes by surprise as inhabitants slept. They pelted them with hand grenades and fired machine guns. 60 civilians including women, children and elderly were killed.

Yehida Massacre 1947

Zionists with machine guns sprayed bullets into a crowd gathered in a coffee house, while grenades were thrown into Arab homes. 13 civilians were killed in total throughout the day, and 23 wounded.

Khisas Massacre 1947

Two carloads of Haganah terrorists drove through the village firing machine guns and throwing grenades. 10 civilians were killed.

Qazaza Massacre 1947

Jewish terrorists blew up the house of the village Mukhtar. 5 children were murdered.

The Semiramis Hotel Massacre 1948

Jewish Agency escalated their terror campaign to drive out Palestinian Arabs by bombing the hotel. 18 civilians killed; 16 wounded.

Dair Yasin Massacre 1948

Zionist gangs Tsel, Irgun and Hagana aimed at uprooting Palestinians by destroying homes and burning them down while their inhabitants were asleep inside. 250 civilians were murdered, mostly women, children and elderly.

Naser Al-Din Massacre 1948

Zionist gangs entered the village dressed as Arab fighters and met villagers with fire. All the houses of the village were raised to the ground, killing the entire population except 40 who survived. 632 civilians in total were killed.

Tantura Massacre 1948

Israeli troops entered village to remove inhabitants to make way for a parking lot for a nearby beach. Groups of Palestinians were rounded up, killed, and their bodies thrown, rounding up more groups. 200 civilians were killed.

Beit Daras Massacre 1948

Zionists mobilized a large contingent and surrounded the village, killing the women, children and elderly that were fleeing the conflict. 265 civilians in total were killed.

Dahmash Mosque Massacre 1948

Israelis told Arabs through loudspeakers that if they went into the mosque they would be safe, 80-100 Palestinians were massacred in the mosque and their bodies lay decomposing for 10 days.

Dawayma Massacre 1948

Israeli army entered the village on the western side of the Hebron mountains and brutally killed about 100 women and children.

Houla Massacre 1948

Jewish militants dressed in traditional Arab attire entered the border village. Militants rounded up 85 people and detained them in a number of houses, firing live ammunition at the civilians and killing all but 3.

Salha Massacre 1948

105 civilians killed by occupiers when ordered to face the wall of a mosque, then shot from behind.

Sharafat Massacre 1951

Israeli soldiers crossed armistice line and destroyed residential properties - 10 civilians killed (2 elderly men, 3 women and 5 children), 8 wounded.

Qibya Massacre 1953

600 Israeli soldiers moved in towards village destroying 56 houses, a mosque, a school and water tank. 67 men and women killed.

Kafr Qasem Massacre 1956

Israeli soldiers stepped out of military trucks, positioned themselves at village entrances, and killed 43 farmers.

Khan Yunis Massacre 1956

Israelis occupied the town and an adjacent refugee camp. UNRWA investigation found 275 unarmed civilians murdered by Israelis.

Gaza City Massacre 1956

Zionist Army gangs brought death toll to 60 civilians including (including 27 women, 29 men and 4 children) and 103 injured.

Al-Sammou' Massacre 1966

Israeli forces raided the village destroying 140 houses, a village clinic and school. 18 civilians were killed and 54 wounded.

Aitharoun Massacre 1975

Caused by a booby-trapped bomb. 9 civilians were killed, 23 were wounded.

Kawnin Massacre 1975

An Israeli tank ran over a vehicle carrying 16 civilians. None of them survived.

Hanin Massacre 1976

After a 2-month siege and hours of shelling, occupation forces stormed the village and turned it into a bloodbath. 20 civilians killed.

Bint Jbeil Massacre 1976

A crowded market was the target of a sudden barrage of Israeli bombs, slaughtering 23 civilians and 30 wounded.

Abbasieh Massacre 1978

Israeli warplanes destroyed a mosque while civilians used it as shelter from heavy shelling. 80 civilians killed.

Adloun Massacre 1978

2 cars carrying 8 passengers came under Israeli fire while they were on their way to Beirut. Only 1 passenger survived.

Saida Massacre 1981

Residential areas targeted by Israeli artillery resulting in 20 civilians killed, 30 were wounded.

Fakhani Massacre 1981

Israeli warplanes raided crowded residential areas using highly sophisticated weaponry. 150 civilians killed, 600 were wounded.

Sabra and Shatila 1982

Israeli Army surrounded the camps, providing aid and facilities, in collaboration with right-wing Lebanese Phalangist, were responsible for almost 3500 civilians dead, most of them women, children and elderly.

Jibsheet Massacre 1984

Occupation forces’ tanks and helicopters fired at a crowd of people. 7 civilians were killed, 10 were wounded.

Sohmor Massacre 1984

Occupation forces stormed with tanks and military vehicles, then ordered the inhabitants to congregate at the town's mosque and fired at them. 13 civilians killed, 12 wounded.

Seer Al Garbiah Massacre 1985

At Al-Husseinieh people took shelter from shelling of Israeli soldiers who stormed the town with military vehicles. 7 civilians killed.

Maaraka Massacres 1985

Occupation forces detonated an explosive device during distribution of aid to citizens during siege. 15 civilians were killed.

Zrariah Massacre 1985

Occupation forces stormed the town after heavy shelling with 100 vehicles, killing children, women and elderly. 22 civilians slaughtered.

Horneen Al-Tahta Massacre 1985

Occupation forces ordered the inhabitants to gather at a school of the village then destroyed it.

Jibaa Massacre 1985

Huge Army forces attacked the town and put it under siege. Soldiers fired at people escaping the siege. 5 civilians killed, 5 were wounded.

Yohrnor Massacre 1985

An Israeli armed force entered the town using civilian cars and opened fire at the houses. 10 civilians killed, among them a family of 6.

Tin Massacre 1986

Occupation forces cutting the hands and ears from civilians in the town. 4 persons were killed; 79 were crippled and wounded.

Al-Naher Al-Bared Massacre 1986

Israeli warplanes raided the Palestinian refugee camp killing many of the refugees. 20 person were killed and 22 were wounded.

Ain Al-Hillwee Massacre 1987

Jet fighters launched 2 raids. 31 civilians killed and 41 wounded. Refugees were hit by a raid while evacuating casualties, 34 more were killed, making a total of 65 civilian casualties.

Oyon Qara Massacre 1990

Israeli soldier lined up Palestinian labors and murdered 7 of them with a sub-machine gun. 13 Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in subsequent demonstrations.

Siddiqine Massacre 1990

Israeli warplanes bombed a house, among the 3 killed a four years old child.

Al-Aqsa Mosque Massacre 1990

Israeli forces placed military barriers around roads and surrounded it with military helicopters. Jewish settlers fired live ammunition with automatic weapons and gas bombs. 23 Palestinians were killed, 850 wounded.

Ibrahimi Mosque "Cave of the Patriarchs" Massacre 1994

Almost 500 worshipers attended Friday dawn prayer when Zionist settlers and soldiers stormed the mosque and fired on the people praying. 24 civilians died and hundreds injured.

Jabalia Massacre 1994

Jewish undercover police opened fire on Palestinian activists killing 6 and injuring 49. Some of the wounded activists were taken out of their cars and shot in the head.

Eretz Checkpoint Massacre 1994

Occupation forces fired on Palestinian workers at Eretz checkpoint while 4 Israeli tanks and helicopters were brought in. 11 civilians were shot dead and 200 injured.

Deir Al-Zahrani Massacre 1994

Israeli warplanes fired a "vacuum" missile at a 2-story building which was destroyed. 8 people were killed, 17 were injured.

Nabatyaih School Bus Massacre 1994

Israeli warplanes targeted a school bus full of students. 4 children were killed and 10 injured.

Sohmor Second Massacre 1996

Israeli artillery targeted a civilian vehicle carrying 8 passengers, killing them all.

Mansuriah Massacre 1996

Israeli helicopter fired rockets at a vehicle carrying 13 civilians fleeing the village of al-Mansuri, killing 2 women and 4 young girls.

Nabatyaih Massacre 1996

Israeli Air attack with helicopters fired rockets at 3 buildings in the village on a house in Nabatiyya al-Faqwah causing 11 civilians casualties (including a mother and her 7 children) and 10 injured.

Qana Massacre 1996

Zionist forces bombed a shelter providing refuge to 500 Lebanese, mostly women, children and elderly forced out of their villages by Israeli raids. 109 civilians killed and 116 injured in a UN compound.

Janta Massacre 1998

Israeli warplanes attacked a mother and her 6 children when they had returned from the field. All had been killed.

The 29 June Massacre 1999

Israeli force targeted a building in Beirut. 8 civilians killed and 84 injured.

Western Bekaa villages Massacre 1999

Israeli warplanes fired on children who were celebrating the Eid festival. 8 children were killed and 11 others wounded.

Al-Aqsa Mosque Massacre 2000

Oct 30, 14 1:38 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Your argument amounts to a smear campaign against all Israelis and people who support Israel. If you detect support for the mere existence of Israel (even support with a critical stance toward Israeli policies), then the person is bad in your eyes. 

I've already posted a list of Hamas and Islamic Jihad sponsored terror attacks. This isn't a competition. 

To label this a genocide is dishonest. 70,000 people (on both sides) have died in the course of the 66-year Arab-Israeli conflict. 190,000 have died in the Syrian civil war which has lasted three years. Family members of Hamas are being treated in Israeli hospitals.

Oct 30, 14 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

This garbage thread is still around?

Oct 30, 14 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

The list was incomplete, here it is again. Of course it is still missing a lot, such as the 2006 murder of around 1000 to 1200 Lebanese, 950 of whom were unarmed. All these massacres were committed with no relation to which zionist political party was in charge...because it is in the very nature of Zionism, the core ideology of this colonial fabrication called Israel, to be a fundamentally racist murderous entity reaching even beyond the apartheid policies of the racist South African regime at its epoch.

Moshé Machover:   "But, much more importantly: talk of Israeli 'apartheid' serves to divert attention from much greater dangers. For, as far as most Palestinians are concerned, the Zionist policy is far worse than apartheid. Apartheid can be reversed. Ethnic cleansing is immeasurably harder to reverse; at least not in the short or medium term. "

The Hub of Middle East Politics

Style

Monday, September 1, 2014

List of Israeli Massacres

A list of massacres caused by the Zionist forces leading up to and during the establishment of the state of Israel:

The King David Massacre 1946

Explosion at the King David Hotel by the Jewish Agency & Irgun resulted in the deaths of 92 civilians including Britons, Arabs and Jews; wounding 58.

Baldat al-Shaikh Massacre 1947

First Battalion of Palmakh and the Carmelie brigade launched a raid against 2 towns, taking the outlying homes by surprise as inhabitants slept. They pelted them with hand grenades and fired machine guns. 60 civilians including women, children and elderly were killed.

Yehida Massacre 1947

Zionists with machine guns sprayed bullets into a crowd gathered in a coffee house, while grenades were thrown into Arab homes. 13 civilians were killed in total throughout the day, and 23 wounded.

Khisas Massacre 1947

Two carloads of Haganah terrorists drove through the village firing machine guns and throwing grenades. 10 civilians were killed.

Qazaza Massacre 1947

Jewish terrorists blew up the house of the village Mukhtar. 5 children were murdered.

The Semiramis Hotel Massacre 1948

Jewish Agency escalated their terror campaign to drive out Palestinian Arabs by bombing the hotel. 18 civilians killed; 16 wounded.

Dair Yasin Massacre 1948

Zionist gangs Tsel, Irgun and Hagana aimed at uprooting Palestinians by destroying homes and burning them down while their inhabitants were asleep inside. 250 civilians were murdered, mostly women, children and elderly.

Naser Al-Din Massacre 1948

Zionist gangs entered the village dressed as Arab fighters and met villagers with fire. All the houses of the village were raised to the ground, killing the entire population except 40 who survived. 632 civilians in total were killed.

Tantura Massacre 1948

Israeli troops entered village to remove inhabitants to make way for a parking lot for a nearby beach. Groups of Palestinians were rounded up, killed, and their bodies thrown, rounding up more groups. 200 civilians were killed.

Beit Daras Massacre 1948

Zionists mobilized a large contingent and surrounded the village, killing the women, children and elderly that were fleeing the conflict. 265 civilians in total were killed.

Dahmash Mosque Massacre 1948

Israelis told Arabs through loudspeakers that if they went into the mosque they would be safe, 80-100 Palestinians were massacred in the mosque and their bodies lay decomposing for 10 days.

Dawayma Massacre 1948

Israeli army entered the village on the western side of the Hebron mountains and brutally killed about 100 women and children.

Houla Massacre 1948

Jewish militants dressed in traditional Arab attire entered the border village. Militants rounded up 85 people and detained them in a number of houses, firing live ammunition at the civilians and killing all but 3.

Salha Massacre 1948

105 civilians killed by occupiers when ordered to face the wall of a mosque, then shot from behind.

Sharafat Massacre 1951

Israeli soldiers crossed armistice line and destroyed residential properties - 10 civilians killed (2 elderly men, 3 women and 5 children), 8 wounded.

Qibya Massacre 1953

600 Israeli soldiers moved in towards village destroying 56 houses, a mosque, a school and water tank. 67 men and women killed.

Kafr Qasem Massacre 1956

Israeli soldiers stepped out of military trucks, positioned themselves at village entrances, and killed 43 farmers.

Khan Yunis Massacre 1956

Israelis occupied the town and an adjacent refugee camp. UNRWA investigation found 275 unarmed civilians murdered by Israelis.

Gaza City Massacre 1956

Zionist Army gangs brought death toll to 60 civilians including (including 27 women, 29 men and 4 children) and 103 injured.

Al-Sammou' Massacre 1966

Israeli forces raided the village destroying 140 houses, a village clinic and school. 18 civilians were killed and 54 wounded.

Aitharoun Massacre 1975

Caused by a booby-trapped bomb. 9 civilians were killed, 23 were wounded.

Kawnin Massacre 1975

An Israeli tank ran over a vehicle carrying 16 civilians. None of them survived.

Hanin Massacre 1976

After a 2-month siege and hours of shelling, occupation forces stormed the village and turned it into a bloodbath. 20 civilians killed.

Bint Jbeil Massacre 1976

A crowded market was the target of a sudden barrage of Israeli bombs, slaughtering 23 civilians and 30 wounded.

Abbasieh Massacre 1978

Israeli warplanes destroyed a mosque while civilians used it as shelter from heavy shelling. 80 civilians killed.

Adloun Massacre 1978

2 cars carrying 8 passengers came under Israeli fire while they were on their way to Beirut. Only 1 passenger survived.

Saida Massacre 1981

Residential areas targeted by Israeli artillery resulting in 20 civilians killed, 30 were wounded.

Fakhani Massacre 1981

Israeli warplanes raided crowded residential areas using highly sophisticated weaponry. 150 civilians killed, 600 were wounded.

Sabra and Shatila 1982

Israeli Army surrounded the camps, providing aid and facilities, in collaboration with right-wing Lebanese Phalangist, were responsible for almost 3500 civilians dead, most of them women, children and elderly.

Jibsheet Massacre 1984

Occupation forces’ tanks and helicopters fired at a crowd of people. 7 civilians were killed, 10 were wounded.

Sohmor Massacre 1984

Occupation forces stormed with tanks and military vehicles, then ordered the inhabitants to congregate at the town's mosque and fired at them. 13 civilians killed, 12 wounded.

Seer Al Garbiah Massacre 1985

At Al-Husseinieh people took shelter from shelling of Israeli soldiers who stormed the town with military vehicles. 7 civilians killed.

Maaraka Massacres 1985

Occupation forces detonated an explosive device during distribution of aid to citizens during siege. 15 civilians were killed.

Zrariah Massacre 1985

Occupation forces stormed the town after heavy shelling with 100 vehicles, killing children, women and elderly. 22 civilians slaughtered.

Horneen Al-Tahta Massacre 1985

Occupation forces ordered the inhabitants to gather at a school of the village then destroyed it.

Jibaa Massacre 1985

Huge Army forces attacked the town and put it under siege. Soldiers fired at people escaping the siege. 5 civilians killed, 5 were wounded.

Yohrnor Massacre 1985

An Israeli armed force entered the town using civilian cars and opened fire at the houses. 10 civilians killed, among them a family of 6.

Tin Massacre 1986

Occupation forces cutting the hands and ears from civilians in the town. 4 persons were killed; 79 were crippled and wounded.

Al-Naher Al-Bared Massacre 1986

Israeli warplanes raided the Palestinian refugee camp killing many of the refugees. 20 person were killed and 22 were wounded.

Ain Al-Hillwee Massacre 1987

Jet fighters launched 2 raids. 31 civilians killed and 41 wounded. Refugees were hit by a raid while evacuating casualties, 34 more were killed, making a total of 65 civilian casualties.

Oyon Qara Massacre 1990

Israeli soldier lined up Palestinian labors and murdered 7 of them with a sub-machine gun. 13 Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in subsequent demonstrations.

Siddiqine Massacre 1990

Israeli warplanes bombed a house, among the 3 killed a four years old child.

Al-Aqsa Mosque Massacre 1990

Israeli forces placed military barriers around roads and surrounded it with military helicopters. Jewish settlers fired live ammunition with automatic weapons and gas bombs. 23 Palestinians were killed, 850 wounded.

Ibrahimi Mosque "Cave of the Patriarchs" Massacre 1994

Almost 500 worshipers attended Friday dawn prayer when Zionist settlers and soldiers stormed the mosque and fired on the people praying. 24 civilians died and hundreds injured.

Jabalia Massacre 1994

Jewish undercover police opened fire on Palestinian activists killing 6 and injuring 49. Some of the wounded activists were taken out of their cars and shot in the head.

Eretz Checkpoint Massacre 1994

Occupation forces fired on Palestinian workers at Eretz checkpoint while 4 Israeli tanks and helicopters were brought in. 11 civilians were shot dead and 200 injured.

Deir Al-Zahrani Massacre 1994

Israeli warplanes fired a "vacuum" missile at a 2-story building which was destroyed. 8 people were killed, 17 were injured.

Nabatyaih School Bus Massacre 1994

Israeli warplanes targeted a school bus full of students. 4 children were killed and 10 injured.

Sohmor Second Massacre 1996

Israeli artillery targeted a civilian vehicle carrying 8 passengers, killing them all.

Mansuriah Massacre 1996

Israeli helicopter fired rockets at a vehicle carrying 13 civilians fleeing the village of al-Mansuri, killing 2 women and 4 young girls.

Nabatyaih Massacre 1996

Israeli Air attack with helicopters fired rockets at 3 buildings in the village on a house in Nabatiyya al-Faqwah causing 11 civilians casualties (including a mother and her 7 children) and 10 injured.

Qana Massacre 1996

Zionist forces bombed a shelter providing refuge to 500 Lebanese, mostly women, children and elderly forced out of their villages by Israeli raids. 109 civilians killed and 116 injured in a UN compound.

Janta Massacre 1998

Israeli warplanes attacked a mother and her 6 children when they had returned from the field. All had been killed.

The 29 June Massacre 1999

Israeli force targeted a building in Beirut. 8 civilians killed and 84 injured.

Western Bekaa villages Massacre 1999

Israeli warplanes fired on children who were celebrating the Eid festival. 8 children were killed and 11 others wounded.

Al-Aqsa Mosque Massacre 2000

Ariel Sharon entered Al-Aqsa Mosque with 3000 Israeli soldiers. Soldiers opened fire on Muslims worshipers before completing their prayers. 80 Palestinian civilians were killed and 1000's injured.

Operation "Cast Lead" Gaza Massacre 2009

Israeli government lay siege to the city with the use of white-phosphorous chemical weapons in densely populated areas such as schools and hospitals. 1,300 women, children & elderly were killed and thousands injured.

Gaza Siege 2012

162 men, women and children killed by air strikes, and 1269 injured during the 8 day assault on the Gaza Strip just before elections in Israel.

Operation "Protective Edge" Gaza Massacre 2014

7 weeks of Israeli bombardment resulted in a total of 2,150 men, women and children killed in the Gaza strip, including 578 children. Human rights groups reported that around 69–75% of the victims were civilians.

Oct 30, 14 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

Is this a competition over tragedies suffered?

Oct 30, 14 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

And of course, how transparently besides the point is bringing in the Syrian issue. As if to to tell us,  always on the basis of that twisted and fundamentally stupid "rationale":   see...there's slaughtering happening around and leaving higher body counts...simply to mitigate focusing in on their horrible massacres that span their Zionist history to date. That Zionist bot might as well compare the victims of its deadly ideology to the 2004 Tsunami for all that matters.

Oct 30, 14 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Alternative

You're calling it a genocide. It isn't.

Comparing a conflict between two groups of people is apt; comparing it to a natural disaster isn't.

Oct 30, 14 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

From

The Palestinian Genocide By Israel

By Professor Francis A. Boyle

Article II of the Genocide Convention defines the international crime of genocide in relevant part as follows:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group such as:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

As documented by Israeli historian Ilan Pappe in his seminal book The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine (2006), Israel’s genocidal policy against the Palestinians has been unremitting, extending from before the very foundation of the State of Israel in 1948, and is ongoing and even now intensifying against the 1.75 million Palestinians living in Gaza as this Tribunal convenes here today. As Pappe’s analysis established, Zionism’s “final solution” to Israel’s much-touted and racist “demographic threat” allegedly posed by the very existence of the Palestinians has always been genocide, whether slow-motion or in blood-thirsty spurts of violence. Indeed, the very essence of Zionism requires ethnic cleansing and acts of genocide against the Palestinians. For example, concerning the 2008-2009 Israeli slaughter of Palestinians in Gaza – so-called Operation Cast-lead -- U.N. General Assembly President Miguel d’Escoto Brockmann, the former Foreign Minister of Nicaragua during the Reagan administration’s contra-terror war of aggression against that country which was condemned by the World Court, condemned it as “genocide.”[1]

Certainly, Israel and its predecessors-in-law—the Zionist agencies, forces, and terrorist gangs—have committed genocide against the Palestinian people that actually started on or about 1948 and has continued apace until today in violation of Genocide Convention Articles II(a), (b), and (c). For over the past six and one-half decades, the Israeli government and its predecessors-in-law—the Zionist agencies, forces, and terrorist gangs—have ruthlessly implemented a systematic and comprehensive military, political, religious, economic, and cultural campaign with the intent to destroy in substantial part the national, ethnical, racial, and different religious group (Jews versus Muslims and Christians) constituting the Palestinian people. This Zionist/Israeli campaign has consisted of killing members of the Palestinian people in violation of Genocide Convention Article II(a). This Zionist/Israeli campaign has also caused serious bodily and mental harm to the Palestinian people in violation of Genocide Convention Article II(b). This Zionist/Israeli campaign has also deliberately inflicted on the Palestinian people conditions of life calculated to bring about their physical destruction in substantial part in violation of Article II(c) of the Genocide Convention.

Oct 31, 14 12:39 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

‘Take your Ebola ass and get out': L.A. confrontation highlights relationship between Zionism and anti-black racism

Margaret Prescod is well known in the community as a host on listener-supported KPFK 90.7 FM public radio. Four times per week, she hosts the morning show “Sojourner Truth,” covering local, national, and international new with an emphasis on “how those of us most impacted – women, communities of color and other communities are responding.”

After the counter-protesters left, Global Voices for Justice filmed Prescod as she addressed the crowd, recounting the incident and explaining that the struggle against Israeli apartheid is part of a larger movement against apartheid and racism around the world. At 0:20 she states:

I’m really glad to be out here, as a person of African descent, and to see some of my other brothers and sisters of African descent here, because we know that the apartheid practiced in Israel is the same apartheid that was practiced in South Africa, and the racism happening against the Bedouins and the Palestinian people in Israel is the same racism that we are facing here in these United States.

An incident happened this morning that I intend to report on the show on the air, and really to encourage more of my African-American brothers and sisters to be part of this effort. Our women’s group has been part of the Block the Boat coalition and we tried to get the word out as best we could.

But as I walked across the street this morning, to where the Israeli lobby and supporters were, I was the first person that walked over there. First, the police turned me away. I then stayed on the other side. And then I thought ‘Well why should they be able to occupy that corner?’. And I walked back across the street … and one of the women viciously said to me ‘Get your Ebola self outta here.” She did, and it was caught on video. And I said, ‘Because I’m black, you’re saying that to me? That’s racist,’ and she said ‘Yes I’m a racist and get your f’ing Ebola self off of my corner; get away from me.’

Now that tells us something, and that sends a message not only to all of us here, clarifying to many who may be confused about what’s going on with the occupation and the repression of Palestinian people, that level of racism, being out here, representing the state of Israel, is shameful.

I just wanted to report that to you. The police officers who are out there, you should know that as well. I reported it to one of the Long Beach police officers; he made no comment. But I really felt attacked, as a person of African descent. And that is bloody outrageous.

And also, just finally to say, that just didn’t fall out of her mouth. There are people that are now running around with this. And the guy she was with defended it saying ‘You black people want to be called African-Americans, and everybody knows that it’s Africans that are putting people at risk of Ebola.’ This is the level of racism going on, and this is the kind of racism that Zionism represents and that we stand against. So thank each and every one of you for being out here and supporting us.

- See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/10/confrontation-highlights-relationship#sthash.w4sFnpRR.dpuf

Oct 31, 14 1:11 am  · 
 · 
Alternative

Thanks for that interesting definition of genocide. Does that mean that Israeli Jews are suffering genocide at the hands of Hamas and Islamic Jihad?

And, thanks for that link about a racist Jew in the US. Would you like me to link you to the many hundreds of anti-Jewish (not just anti-Zionist) acts committed by Arabs, worldwide, over the years?

Oct 31, 14 8:06 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

From ISRAELI APARTHEID – A Basic Legal Perspective

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• I. INTRODUCTION
    • 1. A Tragic Irony
    • 2. Historic Origin of this Tragic Irony
    • 3. Outline of Legalized Discrimination in Israel
    • 4. Official U.N. Legal Definition of Apartheid

• II. ISRAELI LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION
    • 1. Land Laws – Confining Arab citizens to small areas of Israel - Ghettoes
    • 2. Immigration & Citizenship Laws
    • 3. Military Veteran Benefits Discrimination
    • 4. Special Government Positions for Zionist Organizations leads to Discrimination in Government Services
    • 5. Inhumane Suppression of Rebellion (up to 1966)
    • 6. Racist Harassment in Daily Life

• III. IS ISRAEL AN APARTHEID STATE?

• IV. CONCLUSIONS

• V. BIBLIOGRAPHY

(...)

OUTLINE OF LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION IN ISRAEL

In order to fulfill its goal to provide extraordinary assistance to thousands of immigrant Jews coming to live in Israel (many of whom were extremely impoverished and/or traumatized by their experience in the holocaust), the Israeli legislature (the Knesset) began passing laws that gave them special privileges in Israeli society above other peoples already living in Israel, which meant legalizing discrimination in their favor. This legalization of discrimination began immediately in 1948(Kretzmer, 1990; Jabareen, 1998).

In most democratic societies, such special assistance to needy families and individuals focused on one group only is done through non-government charitable organizations set up by other members of that same group who are doing alright. But in Israel, this was done by the government itself, who, in a democracy, is supposed to serve all citizens equally. This is why it qualifies as discrimination (no matter how well-intentioned), which is illegal according to international law (International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (1965), International Covenant on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (1976)).

This discrimination in Israel manifests in six categories:

• 1. Land Laws – Creation of Arab Ghettoes.
  • 2. Immigration & Citizenship Laws.
  • 3. Military Veteran Benefits.
  • 4. Special Positions and funding for Zionist Organizations in Government and Jewish Organizations and Events leads to Discriminatory Application of Government Programs.
  • 5. Inhumane Supression of Rebellion (up to 1966).
  • 6. Racist Harassment in Daily Life Tolerated by Government Officials.

One of the most illustrative ways to study discrimination is to study the actual laws of discrimination because this is the form that is actually finally accepted by the official law-making legislature of the country (in Israel – the Knesset), and then put into action.

If there is a significant difference between the laws and what is actually practiced in the country, then this is illustrative of what the leaders of the country think that they should appear to the world to be practicing, and also that they are aware that what they are actually practicing is considered wrong or illegal by the rest of the world.

In Israel the laws are pretty much what is actually practiced. Where there is a difference, the legal details that look bad or are illegal are hidden in regulations that are not found in the actual laws that are readily available to the public, but instead are either unpublished, or are difficult to find – for example they might only be found in the offices of the government agency that is supposed to implement them. This is especially true of many of the Israeli military orders in use in the occupation in the adjacent Palestinian territories(Shehadeh, 1985).

Oct 31, 14 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: