see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Edward Li is a recent graduate in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the State University of New York - College of Environmental Science and Forestry with a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree. During his last year, he completed his independent design thesis analyzing urban fabrics in Ponce, Puerto Rico and Niagara Falls, NY. He is currently studying to obtain his LEED Green Associate certification in the following months. He intends on becoming a LEED AP in the future; one step closer to becoming a licensed landscape architect.
From his extracurricular activities, internships, and studies in the last five years he has had experience in hand/photo renderings, sustainable planning, landscape and urban design, storm water management, technological maintenance, project site visits, and working in teams as well as independently. It has allowed him to become proficient with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, Sketchup, and 3D renderings.
Specialties: Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Public Communication, Web Design.
Lotus, Freelance Design, New York, NY, US, Assistant Designer
• Conceptualize and draft designs for residential, public, and corporate open spaces
• Manage materials for projects, and maintain overall aesthetics of sites
• Analyze and implement designs, by potting various vegetation
• Consult and communicate with potential and current clientele
Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Architecture, Ponce, Puerto Rico, Abroad Researcher
• Generated ArcGIS photo imagery for over 5 different resorts in Puerto Rico
• Analyzed the inventory of sites to determine following steps of design
• Assisted department chair in 3D model printing of draft designs of projects
• Updated personal website and blog of study abroad experience and design thesis
• Participated in architectural seminars and guest presentations in the University
• Worked with local colleagues of the University to provide 3D perspective rendering
of current projects
NYC Department of Parks & Recreation, Brooklyn, NY, US, Urban Park Ranger
• Managed recreational, cultural, and educational programs for people of all ages throughout the five boroughs of New York City
• Promoted stewardship of nearly 14 percent of New York City’s land use
• Acted as ambassador for New York City’s vast green space
• Educated the public about appreciation of the natural and historical elements of parklands
• Assisted Parks Sergeant and senior staff with technical work on over 10 park projects
Instructional Technological Services, Syracuse, NY, US, Technology Assistant
• Maintained projectors, desktops and laptops for multiple departments on campus
• Provided hardware and media software support for students and faculty
• Managed service center operations by performing routine system security checkups
• Supported the teaching of multimedia technology and web-based learning systems to students
Everson Museum Of Art, Syracuse, NY, US, Public Relations Intern
• Created spreadsheets of existing artwork and potential purchases
• Assisted in preliminary research of artwork
• Coordinated the coverage of the media’s design of the museum through marketing plans
• Developed promotional campaigns, press releases, exhibitions, programs, and gallery
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY, US, Bachelors, Landscape Architecture
• Off Campus Program at Puerto Rico, Summer 2012
• Sigma Lambda Alpha Honor Society, Spring 2012
• Emerging Student Leader Award 2011, sponsored by General Electric and Syracuse University Career Services
Construction Materials and Structures (LSA343)
Construction Documents (LSA423)
Comprehensive Land Planning (LSA451)
Digital Graphics & 3D Modeling (LSA496)
Grading and Drainage (LSA342)
Planting Design & Practice (LSA433)
Technical Writing (LSA410)
Professional Practice in Landscape Architecture (LSA455)
Natural Processes in Design & Planning (LSA311)
History of Landscape Architecture (LSA405)
Urban Ecological Planning (LSA496)
Construction Project Management (CME454)
Urban Planning And Design (LSA470)
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, Bachelors, Sustainable Landscape Design
While attending the State University of New York - College of Environmental Science and Forestry, I took a number of different courses at Syracuse University. Graduating from the State University of New York - College of Environmental Science and Forestry with a joint diploma from Syracuse University.
City College of New York (CCNY), New York City, Civil Engineering
Graduated with Cum Laude from Syracuse University, Award
An honor added to a diploma or degree for work that is above average.
Grants and awards made from this fund are used to assist students who demonstrate financial need and are in either Environmental Studies or Landscape Architecture.
This award, presented through The Division of Student Affairs, recognizes up to five freshmen and/or sophomore students who have demonstrated outstanding involvement and initiative as well as great promise in the area of leadership on campus.