see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Working as an architect for nine years, I have experience managing multi-million dollar projects through all stages of design and construction, including schematic design, construction documentation, and construction administration. I have lead multiple teams through the design process and organized schedules and deadlines to meet clients’ expectations. I have training and extensive experience in musical and theatrical design, performance, direction and management. I am a Licensed Architect, NCARB Certified, and LEED Accredited Professional. Most importantly, I am a creative problem solver, energetic communicator, and established team player.
Currently, I am enrolled in classes and working towards earning my MBA, but I continue to actively look for a great position with a dynamic company, and will be able to finish my studies wherever I end up.
Cedar Rapids Follies, Cedar Rapids, IA, US, Set Designer
• Design large-scale sets for a Broadway revue-style show; organize and lead dozens of volunteers to purchase materials and construct the set (2013 production set was delivered on time and 31% under budget)
• Developed the new Follies logo and designed all new marketing and publication materials for the 2013 production
• Represent the production during various television and radio interviews
OPN Architects, Cedar Rapids, IA, US, Architect
• Successfully designed and delivered over $250 million in constructed projects as an Architect, Job Captain and Project Manager by actively and constantly collaborating with consultants while managing and delivering on client expectations
• Perfect record for delivering projects at or under budget (average of 4.7% under budget) and on time
• Specialized in design and coordination of performing arts spaces, including leading design teams to deliver construction documents and acting as in-house expert on all performing arts spaces
• Represented clients and acted as mediator with contractors when disputes arose during construction
• Awarded the AIA Iowa Award for Excellence in Design 2013, the 2013 William J. Wagner Award for Outstanding Preservation Project by the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs, the 2010 Iowa Cultural Corridor Alliance Excellent in Innovation Award for client collaboration on a theater renovation, and the 2007 Gold Award for Construction Technology by ConstrucTech Magazine
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, US, Masters, Masters of Business Administration
• GMAT Score: 700
• Studies focused on Retail Marketing
• Graduate Assistantships with the Iowa Arts Share grant program and the Iowa Initiative for Sustainable Communities
• Selected for Tippie Case Competition Team and Sustainability Liaison to the Graduate College Student Government
Drury University, Springfield, MO, US, BArch, Architecture
• Professional accredited degree in Architecture with an emphasis on acoustics and performing arts design
• Minors in Music and Global Studies
• Member of Mortar Board, Tau Sigma Delta Architecture Honor Society, recipient of the Liberal Arts in Architecture Award 2004, selected as student commencement speaker
William J. Wagner Award for Outstanding Preservation Project, Award
This award recognizes the historic preservation project which best exemplifies the use of the U.S. Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation of Historic Buildings. The 2013 award was given to the design team for the renovation and restoration of the Paramount Theatre, a historic movie house that was flooded in 2008.
Presented to the design team for the renovation and restoration of the historic Paramount Theatre in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, by the Iowa Chapter of the American Institute of Architects for excellence in design. It was described by the selection jury as "clearly an extraordinary restoration project."
Presented to the design team, construction team, and owner's representatives for Excellence in Innovation on their collaboration in the design and construction of the renovation to the historic Iowa Theatre Building - home to Theatre Cedar Rapids.
Awarded for my implementation of an all-digital submittal exchange process during the design of the Concert Hall at College Community.