Forms of Energy: Maximum power energy
1st law of thermodynamics
- Energy will be conserved
2nd law of thermodynamics
- Energy's capacity to do work
Energy, Exergy, Entopy
- Architecture is a formation of energy
Forms of Energy
- Radiant energy - the energy of electromagnetic waves
- Water is 832 times denser than air
- Entropy - is a measure of the uncertainty in a random variable
- Emergy - is the available energy (exergy) of one kind that is used up in transformations directly and indirectly to make a product or service
Toledo Glass Pavilion
The Glass Pavilion was designed to serve two complementary roles: as art museum and as studio. Architectural glass is key to the twin roles. The glass walls divide space, while their transparency encourages visitors to connect objects and activities across boundaries. The Pavilion is unique in that it presents a close physical/transparent relationship between the art in the galleries and the artists in the glassworking studios.
Guest speakers visiting from different places coming together and lecturing about their projects, groups, and firms at the University of Hawaii Manoa: School of Architecture.