I am of the opinion that architecture can save the world. I am very passionate about dedicating myself to a lifetime of learning to express newer and greener building technologies that enhance our quality of life, by shaping the spaces that we inhabit. What motivates me to pursue a career in architecture is the sense of accomplishment and adventure that I experience each time I am immersed in a space that strives to be more than just a building. I am inspired by the connection and the sense of camaraderie I feel with the designers when I happen upon brilliant architecture and the excitement of a new project idea before it is fully realized. I know that there is little else in the world that would satisfy my desire to continue to learn and to grow as an individual and satiate my creative drive.
Lipton Associates, Staten Island, Architectural Intern
New York City College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, US, Undergraduate Teaching assistant
Assist student with projects requiring AutoCAD and Sketchup. Creating video tutorials.
NYC Department of Buildings: NYC Development Hub, Manhattan, NV, US, Technical Intern
-Work directly with the Executive Director on resolving Building Code Resolutions for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial projects in the five boroughs of New York City.
- Conduct research on zoning resolution, building codes, and other regulatory requirements on case-specific issues, correspond with design professionals and present responses to the Executive Director for review and determination.
- Participate in daily operations including application processing, appointment scheduling, retrieval of electronic documents and database management.
- Attend project meetings with Developers, Architects and Engineers for the resolution of issues relating to zoning, building code and other regulations.
- Manage and facilitate progress of high profile projects toward approval.
- Train and orient new interns on departmental procedures and protocols.