see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
I am a recent graduate from Academy of Art University with BFA in Interior Architecture and Design. I am currently located in San Francisco but my job search extends to East Coast and So Cal. I am native to English and Korean and beginner in Mandarin.
I have interned many times at different companies. The two intern experiences in interior design firm gave me chance to become familiar with the whole design field. I am from Korea and moved to U.S. in 2001. I lived all around the world including Asia, South East Asia, Europe, East Coast and West Coast of U.S. Having lived in and traveled to different countries exposed me to various cultures. Not only I have learned to adapt to live in a mixture of different cultures, but also broadened my eye to look at the world in many perspectives. I believe that I can bring those experiences to my design career and it certainly has been helpful when solving a design problems or coming up with innovative ideas.
I speak fluent English, native Korean, and intermediate Chinese.
Keumkang Enterprises, Seoul, KR, project manager
Holiday Inn, Conrad Hotel,
Google Korea (project manager: Cushman & Wakefield),
The Executive Centre, Pernod Ricard office, Pjiezer office, Allen & Overy,
Thermo Fisher Scientific warehouse storage (project manager: JLL)
Symantec / Veritas office spaces (project manager: Cushman & Wakefield),
Societe General bank & security offices (project manager: Realys)
- Apply and prepare for bidding, prepare pre-qualifications, request for proposals, estimates to
join construction bidding stage.
- Execute on highly visible commercial/retail space projects for renovations and fit-outs in Seoul Area.
- Define scope of work in collaboration with management team, partner groups, other vendors,
sub-consultants and clients.
- Create detailed work plans/ schedule, identifying and sequencing activities and resources
needed to successfully complete the projects.
- Manage administrative, technical, schedule, strategic communications, financial and customer
relationships during the management of various facilities projects.
- Develop, review and manage contracts with landlords, contractors and suppliers
in the execution of projects.
- An effective coordinator of various resources and other vendors (i.e. Engineering, ESH, Purchasing,
Security, IT and others)
- Act as primary contact between building owner and GC in regard to facilities services support,
safety management and projects.
- Coordinate layouts and internal building configuration to meet changing business needs
of the organization occupying the spaces.
- Ensure successful project closure with commissioning, financials and customer expectations.
- Create invoices and follow through with billing procedures by tracking financial performance of projects.
- Effectively communicate project actions, accomplishment, schedule to stakeholders and leadership.
- Profile all necessary construction administration and oversight.
- Be responsible for project overall schedule, budget, quality of work and communications.
Kesson Interior, Seoul, KR, Interior designer
The projects: Korean Air CEO Offices, Grand Hyatt Seoul Men's Sauna, Four Seasons Seoul,
Shilla Hotel swimming pool, Banyan Tree, Hilton
Doric Professional Engineering Consultant P.C., New York, NY, US, Short term project
Design of a Spa
- concept design
- schematic design,
- plan, elevations
- client meeting/ visit job site
- material selection
NICOLEHOLLIS, San Francisco, CA, US, Intern
- Maintain office library
- Contact vendors for samples, ordering materials, scheduling a delivery, inquiring lead time
- Write and proofread Maintanance Care Report
- Maintain updated spec sheets for design projects
- Contact manufacturers and installers
- Find furniture, light fixtures and products based on the designer’s preferences
- Choose material samples according to designe r’s requests
Lee Jofa (San Francisco Design Center), San Francisco, CA, US, intern
Memo Room Internship
- Maintaine and file memo library
- Assist clients in the showroom
- Assmeble and check out memo orders
- Update showroom sales floor to accomodate new collections
Junglim Architects, Seoul, KR, Intern
-Photoshop, CAD work
-Translation for English and Korean
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide - W Hotels Corporate Office, Seoul, KR, Intern (Brand PR and Marketing department)
-Collected PR related publications from media
-Stand-by photo shoots and filming within the hotel property
-Contacted the media for publications
Academy Of Art University, San Francisco, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior architecture and design
Interior Architecture and Design, BFA