see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Responsible and ascertaining designer with the ability to learn and utilize resources in the architectural and CAD fields. Skilled in hand drawing and 3D modeling. Seeking internship or entry level position in an architecture firm to advance skills in architectural design.
Proven to be trustworthy as well as responsible in obtaining goals and meeting deadlines. Able to articulate effectively when presenting ideas or opinions. Capable of holding a leadership role but also allowing teamwork to penetrate the decision making process. Logical problem solver as well as proficient and/or mastery in numerous digital graphics programs.
* AutoCad *Photoshop * Indesign * Illustrator * 3D Studio Max * Revit Architecture * Google Sketchup * Rhino * Grasshopper
I enjoy creating and collecting digital art as a hobby.
Canstruction, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, In-House Designer
Canstruction- Canstruction is a non-profit organization that holds annual competitions where teams design and build structures out of food cans. After the competitions the structures are put up for public display and are later dismantled and sent to local food banks. As an in-house designer I design can structures as well as instructions for how the structures are to be built. This way Canstruction can provide ideas to groups who are interested in participating in any Canstruction events.
RURAL INITIATIVE PROJECT, Winston-Salem, NC, US, Architectural Designer
Rural Initiative Project Inc.- A non-profit organization whose mission is to preserve and restore historic buildings throughout the Southeast United States. Job tasks and buildings worked on:
- Administrative Lead: Assumed administrative duties in absence of CEO
- Project Lead: Coordinated meetings and created site drawings for three ongoing community-based projects
- Waughtown St. Business Restoration: This project is located at a small business district in downtown Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The goal was to obtain local government funding to renovate the district and stimulate business growth. My tasks: Project lead, created plans, perspectives and other drawings.
- Rosenwald Schools: These are one-teacher to six-teacher schools built in the 1920’s for poor African-American communities. My tasks: Project coordinator, took pictures and measurements of buildings, recorded site conditions, prepared window schedules for building restoration documents, created as-build drawings of windows, drew building elevations, recorded changes of buildings over course of restoration, prepared documentation for funding of restoration of school, and prepared slide show presentation for the National Trust.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, Masters, Architecture
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, US, Bachelors, Environmental Design in Architecture
Stanley, Love-Stanley, P.C. Graudate Award, Award
Since 1986, The Stanley, Love-Stanley, P.C. Award has been given annually to high achieving undergraduate and graduate student of African descent in the College of Architecture at the Georgia Institute of Technology.