Pratt and Parsons educated, interior and production designer whose past credits include lead Design Producer on the Emmy Award-winning Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Lead Residential Designer at Justin Shaulis Inc, Visual Merchandiser at TASCHEN Books, Freelance Interior Design for Michael Smith, and art direction and set decoration for several national ad campaigns and television shows. Budgets have ranged from modest to multiple millions of dollars, and throughout I have been described as resourceful, efficient, fiscally responsible, and innovatively creative. My bi-coastal presence has provided me with wide range of aesthetics and resources, and I am constantly striving to expand my horizons.
• Solid knowledge of interior design with 8 years of experience.
• Exceptional ability to provide unique customized design services.
• Handled interior design tasks for major clients and an increased client base.
• Strong ability to meet challenging and constantly changing client requirements.
• Managed to completion all contracts in timely manner.
• Excellent ability to build the design that completes the needs of clients.
• Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCad, Vector Works, Sketch Up, and the Microsoft and Mac systems • Interior, event, and production design • space planning • color forecasting and selection • fabric selection • product design • budgeting • FF&E -lighting • installations • scenic painting • visual merchandising • graphic design • interfacing with marketing, ad sales, and production departments • the hiring and management of crew
Freelance Interior Design and Set Decoration for Television and Film, New York, NY, US , Production Design/ Art Director
• Production Designer for independent films and award-winning music videos
• Art Director for national ad campaigns and network television shows
• Please refer to my IMDB and LinkedIn profiles for more specifics
Justin Shaulis Inc, New York, NY, US, Lead Designer
• Lead Designer for boutique interior design firm in New York City
• Relied on for self-sufficiency, resourcefulness and problem solving to deliver design concepts to clients within time line and budget requirements.
• Experience with cost estimating, bidding and scheduling.
• Coordinated design efforts with team and liaise with clients.
• Created and implemented new corporate identity and branding.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Los Angeles, CA, US, Lead Design Producer
• Lead Designer for the Emmy Award winning Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
• Work with producers and contractors to create a brand new home from scratch for a needy family in 7 days.
• Managed all aspects of build, design, decoration and delivery of 11 homes.
Michael Smith inc., Los Angeles, CA, US, Freelance Interior Designer
• Celebrity Clients in Los Angeles CA
• Sourcing for and utilizing Michael Smith products for installations and events
• Projects include Residences, Hotels, and Country Clubs
• Including, but not limited to: Installations, ordering, and interior decoration
TASCHEN, Los Angeles, CA, US, Visual Mechandiser
Visual Merchandiser at the Beverly Hills TASCHEN Books
MAI Studio, Los Angeles, CA, US, Jr. Designer
• Product Design
• Projects included Residences, Hotels, and Country Clubs
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Masters, MA
Concentration in The History of Decorative Arts and Design
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, US, Bachelors, Fine Arts
Specialization in Painting and Art History