I am an Interior Designer with background in commercial / retail real estate. I've been working for developers for the last 7.5 years, and prior to that I was managing a 500,000 sq. ft. downtown property.
My education is as diverse as my background. I have a degree in Marketing and Management from University of Illinois at Chicago, and a bachelors of fine arts in Interior Design from Harrington College of Design.
S Group Properties, LLC, Chicago, IL, US, Office Manager/ Property Administrator/ Interior Designer
• Redesign corporate office space to maximize user comfort,
productivity and space utilization.
• Collaborate with internal and external customers on diagrammatic
design of commercial and residential spaces.
• Develope commercial space design options as part of build-out/lease
• Develope CAD based space plans for commercial, residential and retail
• Create storyboard plans for commercial, residential and retail projects.
• Develop/propose cost effective alternatives for high end finishes.
• Develop project scope, schedule and requests for proposals.
• Maintain client design idea bank.
• Establish and manage the company resource library.
• Responsible for finish selection for commercial, residential and retail
• Plan,and develop marketing and advertising options for potential
• Responsible for creating and maintaining company brand identity
including brochures, flyers, direct mailing pieces, print ADs.
• Maintain project management documentation.
• Prepare and maintain construction project documentation such as
project binders, contracts, waivers, contractor insurance
requirements, change orders etc.
• Review and approve project specific invoices, resolved all
• Prepare and process lien waivers.
• Prepare and process AIA agreements.
• Assess companies’ operational requirements to assure maximum
• Negotiate vendor contracts.
• Manage technology and serve as a liaison to the technology vendors
(ie: computer network, phone system, publishing systems etc.).
• Prepare tenant annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance) charges.
• Reconcile annual property taxes.
MARC REALTY, Chicago, IL, US, Assistant Property Manager
• Supported a 500,000 square foot high rise building in Chicago's Loop.
• Project managed a full gut/rehab commercial 19 story office building.
• Collaborated on the Annual Operating and Capital budget in excess of
• Prepared and analyzed monthly financial reports.
• Acted as a liaison between the project managers, designers to
coordinate tenant construction and tenant move-ins/move-outs.
• Worked with design team to maximize rentable square footage and
minimizing loss factor.
• Developed and implemented a recycling program.
• Resolved violations relating to City Of Chicago building codes.
• Prepared, managed and implemented client relations programs.
• Developed tenant emergency response training.
• Managed and trained property team, including maintenance engineers
and support staff.
• Conducted performance reviews for reporting staff members.
• Assisted in payroll execution.
• Reviewed and approved invoices for submission to corporate accounting
• Bid-out purchases including service contracts not covered by corporate
• Maintained building material resource library.
Harrington College of Design, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
- Design Theory
- Color Theory
- 3D Max
- Experimental Design
- Space Planning
- Thesis focused on Commercial space planing and design.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Marketing/Management