With ten years of hands-on Executive Assistance, Marketing, and Development experience for architecture, interior design, industrial design, and graphic design firms, as well as a B.F.A. and M.S. in Technology, I am able to boost partner productivity by streamlining their day and bring in new business by networking.
My passion lies in everything connected to art and fine design. I have been involved with the arts all my life and am inspired by working with creative firms. I hope you will consider my resume for your position.
I have never had an employer who is anything but deeply appreciative of my contributions to the workplace, and have great references to back this up.
My career highlights include:
I am actively looking for an Executive Assistant/ Marketing/ Events position. If you know of someone in need of my qualifications, please feel free forward my resume, or have them access: http://archinect.com/SusanGosselin.
Thank you for viewing my site,
Richard Plummer Design, Inc., Miami, FL, US, Architectural Division Coordinator
• Exemplar administrative management for the firm's fourteen architects for this prestigious architectural and interior design firm.
• Served as a liaison for the architects with other departments in the firm, with clients, and with the public.
• Coordinated activities, events, appointments, travel, submittals, correspondence, mailings, filing, and administrative needs for architects.
• Demonstrated highly developed organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment or autonomously.
Michael Wolk Design Associates, Miami, FL, US, Executive Assistant / Director of Program Development
• Directed events and marketing for this multi-design firm involving industrial (furniture+) design, interior design, and graphic design firm (http://wolkdesign.com).
• Day-to-day administrative needs for owner, including correspondence, submittals, mailings, management of PR, presentation support, marketing, and lead generating activities.
• Managed Wolk’s Public Art Commission; enabled project success by raising six figures in funds from national vendors for materials and labor contributions towards the execution of this yearlong project.
• Received promotion for expert coordination of the Commission from start to the technical installation of 19 sculptures in five Maryland locations.
Carole Korn Interiors, Miami, FL, US, Director of Marketing and Sales
• Headed a marketing and sales staff of six based in different firm locations.
• Assisted in launch of the “First Saturday Design Walk” to boost Miami Design District business for vendors and designers alike.
• Successful management of all aspects of promotional events to attract new clients, such as showroom openings, off-site promotional evenings, PR materials, photo shoots, and trade shows.
• Managed daily leads and scheduled all client appointments for the firm's 24 designers.
Surfside Publishing, Inc., North Miami Beach, FL, US, Executive Assistant / Events
• Daily office management to assist the CEO with correspondence, meetings, and travel.
• Responsible for editing and reorganizing manuscripts, as well as writing copy.
• Coordination of promotional events and black-tie book receptions for editors and authors, such as the Miami Herald Gala for a staff member’s new book.
• Effective liaison between CEO and book authors, vendors, clients, and the public.
AITTA Convention Services, Miami Beach, MD, US, Account Executive
• Organized and serviced accounts for conventions involving up to 8,000 participants.
• Managed incoming convention reservations (all-points travel) via data entry.
• Acute attention to detail and multi-tasking.
• Traveled to event sites to assist in actual convention events and public relations activities.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL, US, Masters, M.S. Media Design and Technology
This M.S. in Media Design and Technology featured rigorous online classes, for which I received a Salutatorian ranking when I graduated with a 4.0 GPA, and a Course Director's Award for the Management Systems course.
--Media Literacy and Research Methodologies
--Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture
--Exploring Social Media Networks, Blogging, Media and Visual Literacy
--Training and Motivational Development
--Integrated Filmmaking, Music, and Gaming
--Design and Evaluation of Training or Learning Strategies
--Digital Media Applications, such as Photoshop, Flash, and web design.
--Filmmaking Principles: The Significance of Storytelling for Cohesive Branding
--Management Systems and Organization, Course Director's Award: Exploration of Online Training Systems.
--Media Asset Creation: Illustration of written thesis via media product. (My thesis focused on Visual
The University of Maine, Portland, ME, US, Bachelors, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Thorough investigation into the 2D and 3D Studio Arts, including 2D and 3D design, photography, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, painting and drawing, as well as art history and architecture.