Entiago LLC, Houston, TX, Owner (freelance consultant)
Provide freelance architectural services to owners, contractors, and architectural firms; as well as data driven recommendations and solutions for real estate investments by bridging the gap between clients’ goals and capabilities.
• Managed the design development of a 440,000 sq. ft. multifamily apartment project, resulting in the seamless transfer of documents to the Architect of Record.
• Designed and developed construction documents for a 290 sq. meter light-industrial manufacturing warehouse in Nicaragua, which used local building materials and construction methodology to facilitate ease of construction.
• Developed a detailed financial model for a ground-up construction project, which reinforced the results of a market analysis for a $5 million low-income apartment complex.
T.Y. Lin International Group Ltd., Coral Gables, FL, US, Project Architect
Evaluate building and life safety codes, plan the development of designs, manage the progress of design deliverables, resolve problems that arise during construction, and direct/participate in coordination meetings.
• Advised project executives on solutions to design conflicts, construction feasibility, and coordination issues, ensuring schedule adherence
• Developed a weight saving, ad hoc wall design, which reduced concrete and masonry block expenses by 30%
• Led two design teams abroad in the development of a $1.5 billion metro rail project, resulting in effective construction management and fluid construction progress
• Analyzed engineering problems of a faulty canopy design, leading to the development of a solution that met all engineering requirements
AECOM, Coral Gables, FL, US, Senior Architectural Designer
Develop preliminary design, prepare working drawings and construction documents, and collaborate with senior architects to achieve design requirements and intent.
• Supervised the production of construction documents for a $213 million courthouse project, resulting in effective quality control and the achievement of all program requirements
• Coordinated multiple engineering disciplines in the design of a 112,000 sq. ft. public safety complex, which minimized RFI’s and streamlined construction
• Collaborated on library design specifications with the owner of a high school project, which resulted in project feasibility while achieving the owners intent
• Value engineered an audial wall solution for a high school auditorium, reducing construction cost by $120,000
Arquitectonica, Miami, FL, US, Architectural Designer
Originate construction documents, collaborate with production staff to develop technical details, create 3D computer models and renderings, and assist in the design development of major architectural projects.
• Designed an innovative, spatial layout for a $1.3 billion condo/hotel project, increasing leasable space by 5%
• Systematically researched product specifications for a 3.7 million sq. ft. condo project, which optimized the selection process of construction materials
Florida International University, Miami, FL, US, Masters, Real Estate
Florida International University, Miami, FL, US, Masters, Construction Management
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Eagle Scout, Other
Eagle Scout is the highest rank attainable in the Boy Scouting program of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).