I am a confident, proficient and imaginative Interior Architectural Designer with an exemplary work ethic. I have over five years experience designing, styling and directing commercial and residential spaces. Having worked on an array of projects ranging from $15K through to $3M, I have an excellent commercial approach to solving problems quickly and efficiently. As a very ambitious and creative professional I am dedicated to design and excited to further my skills and experience in a creative environment.
I am now looking for a new and challenging position, one which will make the best use of my creative skills and experience as well as further my personal and professional development. My journey through Interior Architectural Design encompasses both works within New Zealand and Australia, as well as inspiration from extensive world travel. I enjoy bringing these experiences to my designs and look forward to collaborating and exploring new ideas with clients and colleagues.
Concept Office Interiors, Melbourne, Australia, Interior Architectural Designer
During my time at COI I was instrumental in transforming this two person office fit-out operation into a leading high end work space design and construction company. As their first designer I was responsible for bringing previously contracted design work ‘in house’ and implementing a new direction in the style and standard of design. The success of my new design influence earned COI many new contracts and was driven by my ability to achieve high end results from limited budgets. This ability expanded our client base and propelled company growth. In my role I brought and further developed the following expertise;
An ability to;
• Maximize company returns through clever incorporation of construction constraints in the space plan and intelligent design and selection of fixtures, fittings and furnishings.
• Understand client’s requirements and transform their brief into an accurate space plan within 48 hours.
• Create designs, on time and within budget, which meet and exceed the client’s requirements, through regular communication.
• Generate client excitement and ‘buy in’ through the presentation of carefully prepared mood and finishes boards which convey the vision, feel, style and details of the final design.
• Create complete drawing sets which are code compliant and can be used for permit acquisition and construction.
• Source, procure and coordinate with suppliers and contractors the delivery of furniture, fixtures and fittings in support of project requirements.
• Facilitate smooth and on time completion by liaising with the project foreman and regularly visiting site, to highlight any specific design features and efficiently resolve any unforeseen issues.
• Direct COI’s brand and style through a digital marketing strategy that involved the creation of a company website and new company logo and directing professional photography of all projects.
• Work and collaborate constructively within a vibrant team environment.
Slyvania Lighting Australia, Melbourne, Australia, Lighting Designer & Project Coordinator
In my initial role as project coordinator, for the retail department of this Australasian lighting design company, I coordinated the supply and distribution of our product line. My organizational skills and ability to multi-task saw me excel in this high pressure environment. Recognizing the company’s outdated techniques I took the initiative and developed a modern, streamlined process that facilitated the rapid production of lighting design layouts and enabled the company to meet growing client demand. Upon establishing this process I worked closely with the company’s senior lighting expert and quickly became proficient at independently designing lighting layouts.
Clive Lewis Design Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand, Interior Design & Draft Assistant
In this internship with a residential architectural firm I developed a solid foundation in space planning, the reading and drafting of construction drawing sets and became proficient at undertaking accurate site measurements.
Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand, BArch, Interior Architectural Design