Royal Touch Inc., Morrisville, NC, US, Jr. Interior Designer
Offer clients innovative and unique designs through the selection of furniture, finishes and accessories. Create presentations that incorporate 3D renderings for a realistic representation of proposed design. Develop furniture packages that comply with brand standards and budgetary constraints.
The Freelon Group, Architects, Durham, NC, US, Interior Design Intern
Worked with Senior Designer on the New Cherry Psychiatric Hospital in Goldsbough NC. Duties included selecting and tagging furniture, creating specification sheets for furniture package and helping coordinate furniture show for user groups. Other projects include: Smithsonian National Museum, Durham County Human Services Complex, National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Lord Corporation II - Phase One Office Building.
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
The Bachelor of Fine Arts program in Interior Design provides the foundation for excellence in its graduates by delivering an applied competency-based education focused on sound interior design principles. Students will develop strong observation and listening skills in addition to technical competencies that will allow them to meet professional standards. Graduates are prepared to pursue entry-level positions in residential and commercial interior design such as space planners, manufacturer representatives, interior designers for historic preservation, adaptive reuse, hospitality, retail and health care facilities. The general objectives for the program are:
• To study foundations of drawing, color, and design, as well as the design process
• To study how interior design affects human behavior
• To develop and carry out a design concept from space planning to selection of materials, finishes, color, and furnishings.
• To explore the various methods of visual communication necessary to communicate design ideas in manual and computer-aided drafting and rendering courses.
• To focus on the relationship of interior spaces to architecture
The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Durham, Bachelors, Art
Bachelors of Art in Art with a Concentration in Digital Art and Secondary Concentration in Painting.