I am a recent graduate of the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Architecture at University of Massachusetts Amherst. I am a winner of the RiverScaping Design/Build Competition from 2011 and have hosted a workshop this past May 2013 to construct my installation in Hadley, MA.
I have academic experience with architecture and I have recently learned the process of getting a design from being on paper into its physical state, and getting hands on experience with construction while collaborating with the Yestermorrow School of Design to run a design/build workshop. I've gained experience with working within a budget, presenting at town meetings, and contacting multiple companies to supply the materials needed.
Outside of architecture I love staying active, particularly with running, swimming, and hiking. I'm also a great fan of baking and reading.
Umass Dining Services, Amherst Center, MA, US, Student Worker
- Served food to customers, cleaned tables, and help managers with tasks in the dining commons.
- Worked in kitchen running trays of food out to the lines to be served, took empty dishes to be cleaned, and helped with food prep.
Umass Residential Life, Amherst Center, MA, US, Painter
- Painted dorms and public spaces on campus
- Given responsibilities to check dorms to list rooms that needed to be painted, sign out room keys, and fix ceilings in certain rooms
S/L/A/M Collaborative, Groton, CT, US, Summer Intern
- Worked as a space planner for how equipment would be arranged in new Pfizer labs and where employees’ offices would be
- Responsible for going on site surveys and setting up meetings with Lab Heads to discuss what equipment needed to be moved and the specific requirements of those pieces
- Worked on CAD layouts of existing labs and altering CAD layouts of new labs
- Worked on a number of smaller projects, such as recording how many people were sitting at the desks in the flex spaces each day over a two week period and plotting multiple large scale floor plans of various buildings for other people’s needs
Village Bake House, Niantic, CT, US, Waitress and kitchen help
- Provided fast service when taking customers’ orders and serving them, cleaned tables and kitchen, helped to prep food, and opened and closed the café
- Developed customer base and close relationships with the regular customers
Scott's Yankee Farmer, East Lyme, CT, US, Cashier/Customer Help
- Rang up customers items and answered their questions
- Took care of plants, cleaned and sorted through fruits and vegetables to be ready for sale
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst Center, MA, US, BArch, Architectural Design
I have taken multiple studios where I've gained experience designing for multi-use buildings, institutes, community development, and landscape integration. Materiality, environmental factors, and user experience have been strong design influencers in these studios. Other major related courses taken have given me practice with a variety of computer design programs, knowledge of light-frame building construction and building efficiency, and a strong background in art history.
General Education classes have formed me into a well rounded individual with knowledge in irish history, sociology, wildlife conversation, and Italian, as well as having dance experience.