Karl Landsteiner received a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Miami and a Master of Architecture in Urban Design from the Harvard Graduate School of Design. His approach is responsive to existing cultural, historical, and environmental conditions. He draws on past experience working and studying abroad as a way to incorporate traditional design within a modern context.
WORKac, New York, NY, US, Intermediate Architect
- Gabon Conference Center | Coordinated and produced construction documents of 5 auditoria within a 300,00SF conference center in Libreville Africa.
- Kew Gardens Hills Library | Project management for a 3,000SF LEED Certified addition with the DDC & Queens Library. Responsibilities included construction administration, leading weekly progress meetings, general construction related issues.
- Wieden + Kennedy | Project management during substantial completion and closeout procedures for a 50,000SF office space in SoHo. Coordination with various consultants and contractors to ensure on-schedule final completion.
- EDGEucation Boathouse | Managed presentation material for boathouse design competition along the Harlem River. Tasks involved coordination with engineering and ecological consultants to develop environmentally resilient programmatic strategies.
- 93 Reade St. | Construction administration of a 6-story historic building renovation into residential apartment units and a rooftop penthouse. Duties required coordination of design consultants, code research, and client meetings. Expected completion is Summer 2015.
Robert A.M. Stern Architects, New York, NY, US, Jr. Architect
- University of Colorado | Weekly design critiques with Mr. Stern to develop a design concept for a new residential college competition at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
- The Century | Produced construction drawings for the top two penthouse floors, 16,500SF and worth $47 million, of a 140-unit luxury condominium building in Los Angeles for Candy Spelling.
- 18 Gramercy Park | Prepared preliminary design sketches for a development meeting. Design called for a renovation of the existing building into high-end apartment units in New York City.
Carmen Guerrero Design Studio, Inc., Coral Gables, FL, US, Jr. Architect
- 930 Aduana Avenue | Produced construction document set for a renovation of an existing home in Coral Ga¬bles, FL. Performed field survey of existing structure, code research and coordination with consultants.
- 916 Placetas Avenue | Project design of a privacy wall & gate for a home in Coral Gables, FL.
- Green Residence | Designed built-in millwork for a library in a private residence.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, US, Masters, Master of Architecture in Urban Design
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
University of Miami Rome Studies Program, Rome, IT, BArch, Architecture