I have recently completed my MFA in interior design at Parsons the New School for Design. I also hold a Masters in architecture. I am a LEED certified designer with 10 years of work experience at well-established architectural firms in the Middle East and the US. My interest in designing people’s immediate environment in accordance with their social and cultural context to maintain their well-being underpins my design work.
Icrave Design, New York, NY, US, Design Intern
Worked with both lighting and design teams.
Lighting: Prepared lighting design documents, fixture schedules and cut-sheets, energy calculation schedules, pricing and full scale material and lighting mockups in close coordination with the design team
Interior Design: Worked on new interior design schemes, prepared design documents, presentations and material boards
Arte New York, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect
• Prepared design development and construction documents.
• Bagel shop in East village
• Coffee Factory in Bronx
I-Beam Design, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect
• Conducted building surveys, prepared existing and proposed design drawings; prepared filing set
• Residential house in Hampton
• Presentation for the award winning Pallet House
• Construction documents for W 117th St. Duplex
• Renovation of a residential unit in Brooklyn
• Renovation of East Side Social Club (ESSC) restaurant
Tarh & Afarinesh Architectural and Engineering Consultants, Tehran, IR, Design Studio Manager/Project Manager
• Managed and supervised design teams and the production processes of design and construction documents; shop drawings; project timelines; coordinated professional teams.
• Novotel Iranzamin Hotel (Project Manager)
• Kermanshah Grand Hotel
• Apple Rest Area
• Ahvaz Grand Hotel
• Interior design of Mahestan Tower Model Unit (Project Manager)
• T&A Exhibition Booth (Project Manager)
Tarh & Afarinesh Architectural and Engineering Consultants, Tehran, IR, Project Architect
• Generated and developed design concepts; designed and construction documents; communicated with clients.
• The Convention Center addition to Esteghlal Grand Hotel
Kamran Afshar Naderi Architect, Tehran, IR, Project Architect
• Developed and presented design concepts and technical documents; estimated costs and developed project schedules; assisted in supervision of the construction site.
• Renovation of Commercial Counselor of the Austrian Embassy
• Rauf Apartments Renovation
SAAM Design and Construction Company, Tehran, IR, Project Architect
• Prepared schematic design, design development and construction documents; acquired required city approvals; estimated costs and scheduled project timelines; coordinated construction requirements; supervised construction sites.
• Nahid Business Center
• Afshar II apartment building
• Afshar I apartment building
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Masters, Interior Design
Islamic Azad University of Tehran, Tehran, IR, MArch, Architecture