I am a business minded healthcare Architect licensed in Colorado (processing reciprocity California). With an MBA in International Management, I have the capability to improve firms and help clients like no other. 11 years of project leadership experience, 8 in Healthcare architecture.
SONY Pictures Entertainment, Sydney, AU, Global Strategy Consultant
International sales & distribution group covering theatrical, PPTV, network, online, & retail channels
Paid consulting engagement (i.e. internship) through USC MBA program, directed by former McKinsey consultant. Nominated to lead a six-person manager-level team, to develop a five-year corporate strategy for the Australia market to maximize profit & market share, including establishing new partnerships and line of business to take advantage of market factors
• Scrutinized 140+ white papers & articles and interviewed 30 executives in Australia
• Performed statistical analysis to develop findings that drove the final strategy regarding penetration, piracy, and profitability
Morcap Advisory, Redondo Beach, CA, US, Principal
Boutique consulting firm focused on new venture management, funding, growth, and development.
Founder / Principal Consultant – Advise on corporate development, market research & analytics, market-entry strategy (partnering, acquisitions, new offices), and financial feasibility
Current clients include: Luxo International (Global Distribution) and Plusyoou (Startup Incubator)
• Negotiated terms for China partnership with C-level executives in China, resulting in ~$4M in contracted revenue over the next 3 years
• Gained connections to several large developers in China including Vantone
• Advised new design practice resulting in a partnership in Shanghai, China
Boulder Associates Architects, Boulder, CO, US, Healthcare Project Architect
100-person design firm with CA offices, specialized in Healthcare and Senior Living environments
Lead cross-discipline, cross-firm teams of 7 - 20 project managers & specialists. Direct efforts to define scope, innovate solutions, produce Construction Documents, and oversee Construction Administration. Manage all external and internal relationships.
• Managed up to $45M worth of concurrent, highly complex projects, while mentoring design staff. Included renovation of Denver’s 50-year old safety-net hospital (phased to enable zero downtime) and a new medical center with 8 sub-projects and constituencies.
• Converted 10+ TI projects to long-term client relationships, generating $2.5M added revenue
• Gained experience across 11 states, quickly adapting to numerous regulatory environments
• Designer ‘01-‘02, Lead ‘02-‘04, Technical Project Manager ‘04-’07, Project Architect ’08-‘09
In addition to regular duties:
• Appointed to chair 401(k) committee since 2003. Employee participation grew from $400k to $3M. Assets grew to $5M. Curated funds and options of platform, managed employee communications, and acted as fiduciary in balancing priorities of various seniority levels.
• Participated in Standards Committee tasked with ensuring consistent quality of work and streamlining employee on-boarding, resulting in reference book regularly used by office.
CARTER AND BURGESS, Denver, Architect-in-Training
Manage up to 5 CAD technicians on fast-paced Telecom Projects around the country
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Masters, MBA
International Business Management, Electives in Real Estate Finance and Development, as well as Entrepreneurship
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, US, Bachelors, B.S. Architecture "B"
Dual major in Architecture and Engineering (Option B). Degree is B.S. Design with an emphasis in Arch. Studies, part of a 6 year MArch track.