After studying architecture and fine arts in southern California and receiving a bachelor of architecture, I have worked for architecture and interior design firms in Los Angeles and New York and as a freelance graphic designer.
At Meyer Davis Studio, the full breadth of my experience and skill set is called upon to render the partners’ vision. My knowledge of precedents and practices within and beyond architecture aids in concept development. The partners’ demand that presentation drawings be works of art is met through the skills and techniques I have acquired studying visual arts. Daily, my flexibility is required as I consider and prioritize the challenges of several projects at different stages.
In Culver City in southern California, I worked closely with the principal architects at Johnson Favaro to clearly and accurately communicate their designs for civic and educational projects utilizing my technical skills.
I was very fortunate to grow up amidst the beauty and abundance of northern California, and my experiences in Los Angeles, New Orleans, Milan, and New York have inspired a great appreciation of place. This gratitude has instilled a desire to create spaces that will serve multiple generations not only because the quality of the construction and finishes will inherently lead to longevity, but also because the quality of the space, the light, and the atmosphere will compel generations to sustain them.
Meyer Davis Studio, New York, NY, US, Designer
• Research precedents, develop concept design, document design process
• Draft and render presentation drawings
• Create, organize and submit presentations
• Develop working drawings and document schematic design
• Design, develop and coordinate architectural and FFE details
• Brief partners on project status; document partners’ sketches; mediate between partners and project team; support partners during business travel
• Build working models in Rhino
• Coordinate drawings, presentations and samples with contractors and consultants
• Research and source art, objects, and furnishings
RH, New York, NY, US, Design Associate
Interior design, space planning, and project management for customers of the fast growing furniture, fitting, and hardware purveyor RH.
Johnson Favaro, Culver City, CA, US, Intern
3D modeling in Rhino. Drafting, editing, and finishing of working and presentation drawings in Auto Cad, Illustrator and Photoshop. Gathered information and photography of existing site conditions for current and potential projects.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
California State Legislature, Award
Recognition of work to improve literacy in the state of California