Woodhouse, The Timber Frame Company, Mansfield, PA, US, Design Manager
A national level timber frame building designer and manufacturer with $6 million in gross revenues annually, and 22 employees. Project types are residential and commercial, with budgets of up to $1.5 million and greater.
Primary responsibility was project management in both the field and the office. Assisted with field issues such as permitting, site conditions and utilities, change orders, and inspection issues. Also responsible for development of custom designs, and management, scheduling, and skills development of 7 person department staff. As a member of the management team, further responsible for process improvement at the company level, working with other department managers.
* Trained staff in review and analysis of construction drawings, and building codes.
* Reduced construction cycle time via fast-tracked projects with foundations designed, permitted, and constructed prior to permitting of remainder of structure, and ordering of materials prior to completion of drawings.
* Adopted outsourcing model to accommodate variable peak workload conditions. At one point, managed multiple projects spanning 11 people in 2 separate architectural firms and Woodhouse.
Design Styles Inc, Clearwater, FL, US, Director of Architecture
An architectural firm of 18 employees with $2 million in gross revenues annually. Project types encompass commercial, residential, and remodeling work.
Primary responsibility was project management in both the field and the office, in Florida’s rigorously regulated building environment. Provided oversight of several production home builder accounts, and the 5 person residential project team. Over 100 plans were maintained for the home builder accounts.
* Improved service levels to home builders via training of Design Styles staff, and providing additional services such as guidance in value engineering.
Standard Pacific Homes – Tampa Bay Division, Tampa, FL, US, Director of Architecture
A national level publicly held production home builder, with gross sales revenues of $4.145 billion in 2006. The Tampa Bay Division, with nearly 165 employees, recognized gross sales revenues of $337 million and 1301 closings in 2006.
Assisted in managing residential construction through the entire construction cycle, starting with land development, then through design, permitting, construction, site inspections, and warranty work. Involved with all facets of division operations, including strategic projects and operational issues dealt with by the various departments. Such projects and issues included adjustments to marketing/advertising campaigns, new product line development to meet changing market conditions, and value engineering of new and existing product to reduce cost, among others.
* Led division through 3 separate building code revisions in 2 years. Provided division management and field superintendents with the research, guidance, and training in code changes necessary for a smooth transition to the new building codes.
* Increased coordination of design and construction documents with trades. Established Gantt chart scheduling system coordinating trades, consultants, architectural staff, and various departments.
Arthur Rutenberg Homes Corporate Offices, Clearwater, FL, US, Senior Production Coordinator
Undertook progressively responsible tenure with this franchised home builder, which has had annual revenues of $500 million, 260 employees, and constructs homes up to $2 million in retail cost in the Southeast region of the United States.
Responsible for quality control of all construction documents produced by the 25 person Design department, which develops stock and customized plans. Also responsible for workflow coordination, field personnel support, site inspections, product evaluation, shop drawing review, development of construction standards, and team member training.
* Vital member of team tasked with developing company’s response to the new Florida Building Code impact zone requirements. Researched, and then trained office and field staff, in new code requirements. Assisted with code compliant product selection and development of company wide system to promulgate code compliant product pricing to franchisees.
Renker-Eich-Parks Architects, Saint Petersburg, FL, US, Project Manager
An architectural firm of 12 employees, providing services for private and public sector projects costing $1-$12 million.
Assigned to the City of Saint Petersburg’s new Municipal Office Building, a design-build venture. This remodeling of an existing 10-story office building with parking garage encompassed 254,000 sq. ft., and cost $8 million. As project manager responsibilities included: creation of construction documents; shop drawing review; coordination with engineers, contractors, city government personnel, and local code officials; cost control; and quality assurance site inspections.
Rowe Architects Incorporated, Tampa, FL, US, Job Captain
An award-winning architectural firm of 12 employees providing services for private and public sector projects of $1-$15 million in cost. Recognized by firm for technical knowledge and leadership abilities.
University of South Florida Library Addition and Renovation - A project comprised of two separate buildings - one new, the other existing - encompassing 107,000 sq. ft. total, with an $11 million cost. Responsibilities included: creation/organization of construction documents; construction detailing; shop drawing review; CADD system management; and coordination with engineers.
Central Elementary School 3 - A new school facility of 105,000 sq. ft., with a budget of $8 million. Led team in completion of design development and construction documents. Responsibilities included: project scheduling; creation/organization of construction documents; CADD system management; coordination with engineers; and construction detailing.
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, US, Masters, Business Administration
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, US, Masters, Information Systems Management
Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
Broward College, Davie, FL, US, Architecture