Long Span Design
Typology: Train Station & Retail Space
Context: Downtown San Diego
Goal was to design long span rail station for downtown San Diego. Rail station
is submerged underground with retail spaces on the ground level. Project used new
wind turbines, solar panels, & an innovative structural system.
* minimize non-renewable energy consumption;
* use environmentally preferable products;
* protect and conserve water;
* enhance indoor environmental quality; and
* optimize operational and maintenance practices.
Status: School Project
Location: San Diego California