Utilize Architecture, Technical knowledge of Energy, and Sales experience to provide optimal solutions for clients. I am a designer, maker, and builder of objects. I use my creative problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills in both team and solo work.
SolarCity, San Mateo, CA, US, Solar PV Designer, Engineer
• Worked closely with sales to manage customer expectations and mitigate system downsize or cancellation.
• Saved an average of $20 - 25k in installation costs per month for the company via creative design solutions.
• Effectively designed projects with supply chain team to utilize inventory and minimize installation delays.
• Designed approx. 200 residential PV projects in five states, including in Northern California, Bay Area.
• Gained considerable technical knowledge, layout, detailing, specifications, and permitting.
SDI, Burlingame, CA, US, Energy Consultant
• Experience qualifying leads, closing with home-owners, C-level decision makers, developers, contractors. • Proposal development. • Effectively coordinated with homeowners and crew to manage expectations. • Self generated leads and referrals utilizing personal network in the architecture and construction industry. • Averaged $6 k per week in sales. • First closed self generated contract : $18k in sustainable products.
Bay Area Energy Solutions, Inc., Burlingame, CA, US, Solar Designer
• Created competitive rough solar PV designs to assist in closing residential contracts.
• Final PV design and layout, site analysis, detailing, specifications, permit submittal and approval for over 25 high-end residential projects, most notably for the Magowan family residence (SF Giants co-owner)
TASK, San Francisco, Designer, Principal, Co-founder
• Self-generated 95% of client accounts in residential and commercial retail from personal referral network, most notably B&C Transit, Inc’s headquarters, a 15,000 sq. ft., 500k construction value project.
• Closed average $4-6k of revenue per month, architecture and graphic design projects. (2010)
• Gained entrepreneurial experience in proposal development, contract negotiation, and marketing.
Cass Calder Smith Architecture, San Francisco, Intermediate Designer
• Schematic design, interior design, code research, visualization, construction document production, project management, detailing and specifications for high-end restaurants, hospitality and residential projects for client’s such as the Hyatt Hotel Group. • Created visualizations and physical modeling as part of design team for Tesla Motors’ flagship showroom in Los Angeles, CA.
Integrated Structures, Inc., Berkeley, CA, US, Draftsman
• Drafted, organized, and managed documents in all phases of design and construction, presentation and visualization, detailing, and model building for Winery, hospitality, and residential projects. Gained experience in structural analysis and sesimic retrofit applications.
ohlone college, Newark, CA, US, Solar Technical Sales
Technical Sales Training SolarTech - SWIC initiative. Ohlone College, Newark, CA.
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
Dual Minor in Civil Engineering and City & Regional Planning.
Graduate Departmental Grant