Responsible, curious, and insightful individual; driven to work as part of a team to improve the built environment. Experienced with stakeholder relations and project planning; knowledgeable in city planning policies and procedures. Proficient with interpersonal communications, MS Office, and task management.
Glen Dake, Landscape Architect, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Manager
• Serve as a Liaison between the Los Angeles Community Garden Council, Community Garden Leaders, the Los Angeles County Second District, TreePeople and VolunteerLA.
• Organize, develop and document the installation of community garden, design-build projects.
Green LA Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, US, Intern
• Coordinate a Living Streets Demonstration in conjunction with ParkingDay LA and CicLAvia; involving City Council Offices, LA Conservation Corps., Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, and PlaceIt! with James Rojas.
• Assist in the development of a long-term action plan for the Alliance for Community Transit-Los Angeles (ACT-LA)
City of Pasadena, General Plan Update, Pasadena, CA, US, Student Intern
• Graphically represent response data in the form of figures and charts;
• Provide general information at public outreach events in a welcoming and friendly manner.
City of Los Angeles, Urban Design Studio, Los Angeles, CA, US, Student Intern
• Gather and submit award application submittals for the Downtown Design Guide and Street Standards.
• Evaluate urban design chapters from 37 Community Plans for consistency and ease of application.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, Masters, Landscape Architecture
• Develop integrated design concepts for small, medium, and large scale public open spaces;
• Prepare detailed illustrative plans and technical documents to communicate proposed bicycle and pedestrian amenities;
• Exercise the ability to present ideas through oral and graphic communications.
UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, Extension - Introduction to LEED
• Obtain an understanding of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system, and the benefits it can yield to a project.
California State University, Northridge, Northridge, CA, US, Bachelors, Urban Studies and Planning
• Establish a foundation for the understanding of civic development through the political planning process;
• Reach an understanding for the importance of community involvement, engagement and response;
• Develop a strong sense for the three-dimensional qualities of the urban public realm.