Dru Schwyhart

Dru Schwyhart

Denver, CO, US



I am interested in creating a more sustainable, spiritual and sensual architecture in a modern vernacular language. I believe that good building practices are associated with an economy of means and simplicity of form and that this common language of design can be scaled to fit nearly all architectural programs.

Clarity in concept and construction make for more positive experiences within each person's built environment. The practice of Architecture should be 80% listening and observing to the existing forces of site, the culture and the people, and the other 20% should be the effort in improving the experience through spatial intervention.



Surround Architecture, Inc., Boulder, CO, US, Project Architect | Project Manager

Licensed Architect | AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C

Apr 2018 - current

Semple Brown | Architects & Designers, Denver, CO, US, Project Architect / Project Manager, LEED AP BD+C

Associate | Licensed Architect

Apr 2007 - Mar 2018

Anderson Mason Dale Architects, Denver, CO, US, Intern

Jul 2003 - Apr 2007


Ghost Lab 8, Upper Kingsburg, Nova Scotia, Canada, Design/Build

Two week Design and Construction of a 1,500 SF studio on the Canadian coastline of Brian MacKay-Lyons farm near Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.

Jun 2006 - Jul 2006

Kansas State University, BArch, Architecture, Planning and Design

Aug 1998 - May 2003

ITALART/Santa Chiara Centro di Studi, Architecture

KSU International Study Abroad Program for Central European Architecture, Landscape and Urban Planning. Castiglion Fiorentino, Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy

Jan 2002 - May 2002

Areas of Specialization