Archinect
anchor

New Dean announced at Clemson - Former Iowa State Univ.

jakethesnake
http://www.clemson.edu/caah/architecture/3.1.1.php

You can read the story for yourself above.
Kate Schwennsen, former associate dean at Iowa State University has been named dean of architecture at Clemson University.

As an interested potential candidate at Clemson, I would like to know if this is going to help or hurt the program. Anyone have any experience on Schwennsen?

Rice, UF, and now Clemson all have women in the role of Dean.

May 25, 10 4:18 pm
jakethesnake

Sorry, I meant UVA not UF....Tanzer used to be at UF.

May 25, 10 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
HotTuna

I don't see how it could hurt the school's rep. I graduated from there in 2008, and I remember the school searching for a dean for the majority of the time I was there. This seems like a good thing for the school.

May 25, 10 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
alexstitt

dont forget ms. ponce de leon at michigan

May 25, 10 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

or marilyn jordan taylor at upenn... i'm sure there are some more...

May 25, 10 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
azcue

or Elizabeth Plater Zyberk at Miami

May 25, 10 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Alexi

and Jennifer Wolch @ Berkeley

May 25, 10 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

actually, i think that it would be OK to forget EPZ...

May 26, 10 12:03 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

I hope this doesn't come off as trying to destroy a woman's femininity. But she could really used a makeover!

Cultured pearls (worn seriously), jacket with obvious shoulder pads, blouse from 1983... and hair that looks like it was straighten with a clothes iron?!

I would not take aesthetic cues from this person!

May 26, 10 4:01 am  · 
 · 
n_

^ Seriously?

May 26, 10 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
jakethesnake

Ok, this thread has definietely been Hijacked, at which point I blame no one but myself....and maybe Unicorn.

How do you paste photos on here, without turning them into a hyper link like Unicorn did?

May 26, 10 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

n_ "Seriously?"

Yeah, I'd make the same comment about a male dean, too. It's just harder to comment on a man's image because men have been reduced to bulky, cheesy suits of minimal color.

When part of your job is politicking and socializing, outward image is important. When part of your job is the formulation and instruction of aesthetics, appearance probably means even more.

Someone who makes at least six figures does not really have an excuse to not be looking their best.

Because in all honesty, shallow interpretations of one's character is all you can really go on unless you have significant access to these schools budget sheets and performance evaluations to see who really does run an effective program.

May 26, 10 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Hopefully, Kate Schwennsen will stop letting Clemson students abuse third-world impoverished types with crap like this.

P.s. to pust images use, {img}http://imageurl.jpg width=415{/img} ... replace the curvy brackets with square brackets

May 26, 10 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
jakethesnake

This is any better?

I think its time to see which dean is the hottest dean in America! Obviously, Ms.Ponce de Leon is not high in the running.

May 26, 10 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

It's not a hot competition. It's an image competition. Two different things!

That woman is wearing a pretty dope suit!

May 26, 10 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
jakethesnake

But maybe it should be a hot competition?

Again, also not in the running:

80's hairstyle too... what do you think about that?

May 26, 10 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: