Archinect
anchor

Is zaha hadid married?

Paulie

Is zaha hadid married? kids?

Aug 5, 09 12:50 am
aspect

we all married to architecture. aren't u?

Aug 5, 09 2:20 am  · 
 · 
fine line

Quick answer: no.

Why? Are you thinking of fucking your way to the top?

Aug 5, 09 2:26 am  · 
 · 
futureboy

actually she is, i believe to patrick schumacher her right hand, uhmm, man, in the office. i think you can find info on this on the internet.......
it just happened recently, last two years.

Aug 5, 09 3:35 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

From Building Online:

May 13, 2005 Unwilling bride

"A fantastic rumour circulated on the internet this week that Pritzker winner and eligible bachelorette Zaha Hadid had married her long-time design partner Patrick Schumacher. There was even a suspect image of Zaha supposedly at her wedding with Schumacher, Frank Gehry and Brad Pitt. But according to Hadid’s press office, the rumour “couldn’t be further from the truth”. What is the opposite of marriage? This is how rumours start…"

That's the only paragraph I could find.

I did remember seeing some pictures of here on some gossip blog hanging around with some rather young and handsome dude.

Aug 5, 09 8:57 am  · 
 · 
aspect

when i first met him back in the college years, he was quite a handsome "kid", would never imagine he & zaha became couple becos of the age gap... i think now he looks much older than his actual age, may be all the sleepless nite in zaha office.

Aug 5, 09 11:59 am  · 
 · 
aspect

btw, congrads to patrick in case they did get married.

Aug 5, 09 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
simples

"i think now he looks much older than his actual age, may be all the sleepless nite in zaha office."

or it could be the hearing aid! :)

Aug 5, 09 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

"i think now he looks much older than his actual age, may be all the sleepless nite in zaha office."

by "office" do you mean "bed"?

Aug 5, 09 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis
Why? Are you thinking of fucking your way to the top?

I lol'd.

Aug 5, 09 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
TED

patrick is married to an asian woman he found on match.com [this is from the horses mouth]

zaha is not married

Aug 5, 09 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
TED

i am guessing that this woman probably doesnt speak any english and it wouldnt matter as loves to hear himself talk so much what ever language his mate speaks doesnt matter

Aug 5, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
TED

i am guessing that this woman probably doesnt speak any english and it wouldnt matter as loves to hear himself talk so much what ever language his mate speaks doesnt matter

Aug 5, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

no, she's happy...

(and that's not a comment on marriage, just a rip-off of a Curley routine)

Aug 5, 09 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

match.com? i tend to use adultfriend finder.com! hahaha...

Aug 5, 09 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

oh, you kids are amateurs. real architects don't get married...we form limited liability corporations...

...and we wouldn't dare have children without getting a research grant first

Aug 5, 09 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
Paulie

haha, i wouldnt be up for tapping dat zaha, its something out those teeth...

Aug 5, 09 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

why... does she need to be married? Why doesn't she just design a fluid concrete plinth and attach herself to it while being lowered in the river Thames.

Women finally have a good strong role model and you people want to domesticate her... you make me sick! She should be like a man fuck em and leave em.

Aug 6, 09 12:06 am  · 
 · 
aspect

kardiogramm> our profession is fed by ppl who believe in family & kids...

Aug 6, 09 3:24 am  · 
 · 
ksArcher

Kardiogramm- hah, nice comment, i totally agree! b**** rocks. I think she has every right to get married to whomever or whatever she wants but at this point its way backwards to be expecting or desiring that of her or any woman for its own sake- what century are we in?

Aug 6, 09 3:48 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Kardio, I don't think being "married" equals being "domesticated". I also don't think being "a man" equals being an asshole to others.

Your post seems to be trying to sound liberated while actually being blindly bogged down in very traditional gender stereotypes.

Whether Zaha is married or not is really nobody's business. If she is, it would be interesting to me, as it always is when I see married architect couples, to know how they make both the careers and the marriage work, because marriage is like any other kind of business partnership.

Aug 6, 09 9:45 am  · 
 · 

^+1, very well said LB

Aug 6, 09 10:16 am  · 
 · 
simples

i am a happily married, domesticated man! :) oh, and i play with architecture on the side!!!

Aug 6, 09 10:30 am  · 
 · 
Paulie

Kardiogramm youre whining, its just a question. dont turn it into some femi-nazi cause

Aug 6, 09 11:39 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

plus it's generalizing
all i can read is projection from this, you have been fucked and left?

while as a vegan i disagree with domestication as a form of environmental racism, 2 human beings are more than capable of sticking out for their own individual rights, especially now unless in saudi arabia or something where the princes who financed 911 go unquestioned and refuse to give women rights.

who does her Rhinoceros world these days?

Aug 6, 09 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

vegans always have interesting thoughts on monogamy and relationships!

and most of her work is Maya based, if thats what you're asking.

Aug 6, 09 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

interesting to see autodesk try to copy Grasshopper

Aug 6, 09 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

how about this for relationships:

bonobo monkeys our closest relatives geneticly are poly and bi and have no violence, all disputes are resolved with some lovin

i know many vegans who follow the same path

Aug 6, 09 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
jojodancer

Actually, she married to a young, good looking asian guy.

..........just like the established trend of caussaian male / asian female, husband and wife team!

Aug 6, 09 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

come on! its the 21 century about sharing of responsibilities! no more of this nike slogan of "be whatever u wanna be... etc" from the previous century!

if u do not believe in marriage n kids, minds well not design any apartment buildings/houses for the family, why torture urself to do something u not believe in?

Aug 6, 09 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
Aug 6, 09 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

umpf, I know this guy on the left... he ain't married to Zaha.
definitely not (maybe the other guy?)

Aug 7, 09 8:18 am  · 
 · 
jojodancer

I think she is Oprah, not Zaha!

Aug 7, 09 10:29 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

my comment was a form of extreme banter and i'm a man not a woman. I do believe that women should forge their own future. I'm just tired of the media subliminally domesticating women to be vacant edifices when they have the potential to be more. (this stems from conversations i've had with a female friend who works in a design field)

You're right it's none of our business when it comes to her life choices, I just think that marriage and rearing children is an antiquated expectation.

Aug 14, 09 4:50 am  · 
 · 
aspect

i also think that the current media subliminally embedding message that there is "MORE" to be a carrier type woman than a family oriented woman...

Aug 14, 09 7:51 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

chimps are our closest relatives, not bonobos. and chimps form domestic relationships, and, alongside humans, are the only two species that purposefully commit murder of their own kind. they even kill for political and territorial reasons.

(citation: "Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence")

Aug 14, 09 9:23 am  · 
 · 
THREADS

after all the gossip about zaha's private life all I can think about is...you know...what it would be like.....you know. ok, time for bed.

Aug 17, 09 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
simples

threads...lol!

Aug 18, 09 1:40 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

bonobos are chimpanzees the ones closest related to humans, silly!
no killing just sex

Aug 18, 09 2:57 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

bi and poly

Aug 18, 09 2:57 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

Oh shit. That's what I get for trying to be a know-it-all.

Aug 18, 09 3:06 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

But chimps are ruthless; the idea of their paradise-like living was dissolved after prolonged observation. Adult male chimps with stunted growth are especially ruthless, raping females, many times their sister. There was even a case of one attacking and raping a human female.

Aug 18, 09 3:11 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

their idea of rape and ours differs surely, especially if it is the method they use for conflict resolution, we are a pretentious moralist society who 'believe' in wrong and right. (less so for people who understand existentialism, relativity and naturalism)

have you seen the new Esoteric Agenda: Kymatica?

Aug 18, 09 5:11 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

uhhhhh: (citation: "Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence")

i watched that. BBC production, right? well anyway, i also remember that the hypothesis was criticized for failing to appreciate the significance human contact and colonization of ape territory has had on chimp behaviour and psychology. in the 'virginal' state, chimps have proven to be peaceful creatures; they have been prone to sadistic violence only when exposed and subjected to human influence. anyway, similarity on many accounts does not validate similarity on all accounts. a small DNA difference results in ample biological and formal differences.

Aug 18, 09 5:28 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

It's a book, and the authors' were very clear, methodical, and descriptive. It is rape in the sense that we know it, and the groups of chimps observed were in their natural habitat. And while a small DNA difference may be ample when manifested, the similarities in physiology and behavior were startling; this was sort of premise of the book.

It is obviously many books on the subject but it is a legitimate one. Gripping read. I have not seen the documentary but will look for it; I find this stuff more fascinating these days than architecture (I don't know if that's a good thing or not . . .)

Aug 18, 09 7:59 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

yes humans with the parasites of fear (ref: Kymatica) infecting all those around them. time to work on ourselves and stop manipulating and domesticating nature if we are to have any chance of survival.

Aug 18, 09 8:01 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

I'll def have to check that movie out.

Aug 18, 09 8:06 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

Ha ha, I love how far this thread's been derailed.

Aug 18, 09 10:26 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

from hypermodernist zaha to primary apes; not so much derailment as devolution. there was a touchy moment recording, somewhere, what can be construed as a tentative vulnerability, almost tangent to a subtle regret, on her part for having put architecture above all else in her life, including men or/and women. quite admirable, i hope she is at peace with herself. but someone, if that is her, who stamps on student models and rips their presentation sheets apart might not be at peace.

Aug 18, 09 11:45 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

And like the early homonid, she pushes through the dry, savanna of life, migrating to far distances, leaving fossilized remnents and footprints across the globe . . .

Aug 18, 09 8:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: