Archinect
anchor

Dalhousie Fall 2011

RA!chel

I've been searching around desperately trying to find out whether or not anyone has been accepted into Dalhousie's BEDS program for this coming fall.

No news so far for me. I've been constantly checking my phone and email!

May 2, 11 2:24 pm
ClairDeLune

I applied as well and don't know yet.

May 2, 11 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
ange

I haven't heard anything either. They said end of April or start of May so hopefully soon!

May 3, 11 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
RA!chel

I was talking with Susannah today and she was off sick when the decisions were made so its taking her a bit longer to get all the replies out. She said she should have them done in the week.

May 5, 11 10:22 am  · 
 · 
ange

I was put on "high wait list" this afternoon so I guess I'm still going to be waiting in anticipation for a call or email for a while.. 

Good luck to you!

May 6, 11 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
ClairDeLune

Congratulations, and good luck with the waitlist! May I ask you though, how were you informed via email or phone call?

May 6, 11 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
ange

Thank you! I was emailed around 4 o'clock today.

May 6, 11 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
RA!chel

Congratulations on the wait list! Hopefully it pans out for you.

So far nothing for me! I feel like this is a bad sign...

May 6, 11 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
RA!chel

aaand I was right. Oh well, I'll try for Winnipeg and Calgary next year!

May 6, 11 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
i came for the pictures

Congrats in the waitlist Molli. I havn't heard anything from Dal, however I know Id be conditional acceptance since I applied with 57 credts, and only just completed 60+. Hopefully that means I'm just one of the last people they call.

May 9, 11 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Quilles

I received my acceptance letter today in the mail, and my portfolio was returned to me as well.

And congrats Molli!

May 9, 11 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
disce

We are in the same boat Molli, I've also been placed on the high wait list.

May 9, 11 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
ange

Susanna wouldn't tell me what number I was but she said there are 15 on the list and for the past 3 years everyone on there has received a place. So hopefully I'll see you there disce and quilles!

May 9, 11 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
disce

Yeah hopefully we will see each other there, and congrats quilles!

I might be mistaken but I think they offered 30 guys and 30 girls spots in the program since they said the ratio is usually 50/50, so the high wait must also be roughly half guys half girls.

May 9, 11 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
archzz

I was placed on a wait list (not high).  Molli do you know if the 15 spots are for the total wait list or just the high wait list? I am thinking my chances are slim if it is just the high!

May 9, 11 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
ange

She said there are 30 on the total waitlist; 15 on the high and 15 in the next section.

May 9, 11 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Clarke

I'm on the waiting list, too... more compulsive email checking until July! I'm on the lower half of the list

May 10, 11 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
ClairDeLune

Hello, so has anyone not found out yet, because I haven't. I emailed Susanna last Friday to double check that my application was processed correctly and she said that it was and that I would find out if I got accepted "soon", but its been a week and it sounds like people of all different outcomes have found out. I do live on the west coast is it possible she mailed me my reply and that I should wait longer, or should I email her to ask. Would it be to rude to email her again?

May 13, 11 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
disce

Clair, I think you should contact the school again. They did say responses would be given at the end of April or early May. Monday will be the 16th and no longer early May so I think it's fair for you to ask about your status. I wouldn't hold my breath for a letter because they could email you.

May 13, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
ange

I would call if I were you. I imagine you will get more of a straight forward and faster answer speaking to her than an email. In my experience, she answers the phone more in the mornings.  And I don't think it's rude - she knows we're anxious! Hope that helps :)

May 13, 11 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
ClairDeLune

Thanks for the advise Disce and Molli I will give her a call on Monday. Although I must admit that if I did get forgotten that I am not too optimisict about the outcomes, oh well, there is always next year! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, take care!

May 13, 11 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
C123

I am also on the waitlist, the email didn't say whether or not it was high or low. Susanna did say that in previous years, most students on the waitlist are eventually offered a spot. Has anybody heard yet? She said I won't know until end of July.

May 18, 11 2:06 am  · 
 · 
Clarke

Hey Carolyn, if she said "waitlist", not "high waitlist", then it's the lower 15 (but only out of 30 altogether!) I'm in the same part of it, and haven't heard anything yet (though wherever I am, I have to defer this year if I get a spot, so it's at least one less person on the waitlist)

Let me know if you hear anything, and good luck! :)

May 18, 11 2:36 am  · 
 · 
archzz

Has anyone been offered a spot off the waitlist yet??

Jun 6, 11 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
disce

I'm on the high waitlist and I still haven't heard anything.

Jun 6, 11 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
i came for the pictures

I was on the high waitlist and got an offer of admission on May 27.

Jun 7, 11 3:04 am  · 
 · 
ange

I haven't heard anything yet. Congrats deeez!!

Anyone know when the deposit deadline is/was?

Jun 7, 11 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
archzz

Congrats deeez! I emailed Susanna, asking for an update on the waitlist situation but she hasn't responded.  I guess that just means for waiting! 

Jun 9, 11 10:03 am  · 
 · 
ange

Last week :S  ..anyone else get in? I'm still waiting.

Jul 19, 11 9:47 am  · 
 · 
disce

Still waiting too

Jul 19, 11 9:59 am  · 
 · 
willwclo

Last set of waitlist offers for Dal are sent out around early August, I believe.

Good luck!

Jul 20, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
disce

I was offered a spot this afternoon. Molli are you in?

Jul 20, 11 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
ange

Yes I was also offered a spot today! Congrats!! and see you there!

Jul 20, 11 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
C123

I was offered a spot too.. and at the same time was offered a spot at the University of Calgary for their MArch program. I don't know what to do! I live in BC and moving to Halifax in a month is pretty stressful/scary! Anyone else moving from BC? Does anyone know the differences between Dalhousie and the University of Calgary?? What to do?!

Jul 30, 11 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: