Archinect
anchor

GSAPP MArch Financial Aid

user67

Hello,

I am an international student trying to decide if GSAPP's 3-year MArch program is worth it with a scholarship of 30k per year (63k total tuition). 

Questions for current students/alumni: 

1. Is there any aid for returning students? Does the education cost usually get lower as you go?

2. How much should I negotiate for? Does GSAPP give out 75% or 100% tuition scholarships?

3. How likely am I to find work-study opportunities on campus? Should this be awarded to me in the acceptance letter? Is it possible to start working in your first year?

Thank you!

Mar 22, 23 5:08 pm
Non Sequitur
  1. degrees from top name universities are not investments if you need to mortgage your future just to attend. 
  2. 63k per year or total? Is that factoring in the 30k bribe? Regardless of what you answer, that’s likely 3x or more too high. 
  3. See points 1 and 2. 
  4. Do not come back in 3 years time and complain that your entry level salary is insufficient to live like a rockstar even though you spent so long rendering pretty pictures while in “difficult” grad school. 
Mar 22, 23 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
user67

so the tuition would be around/almost 33k with the bribe. and thanks for the advice!

Mar 22, 23 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

They are much poorer than the GSD and SOA last time I heard - GSAPP relies heavily on international (Chinese and Korean) students paying the full bill in order to keep the school running and subsidize Americans if there's enough left over. As far as bang for the buck goes, GSAPP was pretty terrible a few years back - a tiny building, limited fabrication facilities, and cramped studios. Maybe it has improved since. 

Mar 22, 23 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
user67

thanks for the info. i guess i should feel lucky that they gave me 50% tuition then…

Mar 22, 23 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
user67

so the tuition would be around/almost 33k with the bribe. and thanks for the advice!

Mar 22, 23 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
user67

my bad

Mar 22, 23 7:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: