Archinect
anchor

How is SCAD's Master's in architecture program?

sumedhgangurde

is SCAD's master's in architecture program (70k tuition 2 years combined) worth it for international student? I have got an admit there and heard mixed reviews. Is it worth going or should i take a break reapply next year.

Jun 28, 22 9:28 pm
Non Sequitur

70k? Hells no.  maybe if it was 10k.  

Do not take on debt for an arch degree, it is not an investment.

Jun 29, 22 8:02 am  · 
 · 
The_Crow

It's a pay-to-play program. If you are a Georgia native, I would recommend going to Georgia Tech over SCAD. You will get a much cheaper and higher-quality education. 

Jun 29, 22 11:26 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

If you or your parents can write a check for the tuition and living expenses without hardship, SCAD is an acceptable place to study.  If you are being asked to spend your entire savings and/or take out loans to attend, I would consider looking elsewhere.  An ideal place in terms of affordability is a school that will give you some kind of teaching assistant position.

The setting in Savannah is quite nice.  The SCAD alumni I have encountered have been able to land jobs in the field and been capable in a workplace environment.

Jun 29, 22 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: