Archinect
anchor

What is the best program/plan for high school student graduating with AA degree?

noemi10

Hello, I have a high school junior who is enrolled in a dual degree program and will have her AA upon high school graduation. She will have completed 2 semesters of college calculus. We are realizing that the hard work she has put into getting her AA will not matter with most architecture programs because the studio components will still require 4 years for pre-professional or 5 years for a professional degree.  It looks like it would make more sense for us both time wise and financially (eligible for need based financial aid after BA) to find a way for her to finish a BA in 2 years and apply for a first professional M.Arch?  Are there programs out there anyone would recommend? I did just find out that my alma mater UCLA has a ideal pre-professional BA for her that cannot be started until junior year.  Any other programs like that out there? She is well prepared and well qualified, having taken architecture classes in high school and summer school, is able to use several different CAD programs in addition to having other software certifications, is in 4 different honor societies and 97 percentile for PSAT.  I would appreciate advice on the best possible pathways for her.  TIA!

Apr 4, 22 5:44 pm
proto

what does AA stand for?

Apr 4, 22 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Sorry for the lag - I was going to respond the other day but I have so many sidetracks my sidetracks have sidetracks.

You may already have done your homework on this, in which case you can ignore me, but if your daughter's AA is from a California Community College, don't automatically assume that her lower-division architecture courses won't be transferable - there are many different articulation agreements in place between CCs and UC's/CalStates, and even with some of the private universities, so you'll really need to inquire directly with each of the universities she's considering regarding her specific AA program and what will or won't be transferable.

Apr 6, 22 5:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: