Archinect
anchor

Negotiating financial aid

relish98

I received admittance into two of my top choices for Master of Architecture programs. School A offered full tuition and School B offered about 60% tuition. I reached out to School B to see if they would consider increasing their offer to be more comparable to School A. School B wants the documented offer from School A as proof so that they can make a decision.

Now my question is, would School B contact School A and tell them that I am using their offer as  leverage? I realize I am very lucky to receive a full tuition offer. However, I don’t want School A to hear what I’m doing and potentially rescind their full tuition offer if they perceive me as ungrateful. Do schools typically communicate like this?

Mar 25, 22 2:11 pm
Non Sequitur

Take the full ride.  The best M.Arch degrees are the cheapest.

Mar 25, 22 3:04 pm  · 
2  · 
reallynotmyname

I think it's really unlikely schools are engaging in the kind of collusion you are asking about.   The proof school B is asking for strikes me as just reasonable and customary verification of your offer from school A.  Especially for something that involves money. 

Apr 2, 22 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: