Archinect
anchor

Applying to the AA with a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture.

RS28

Hi guys, 

I am currently a senior at the University of Pennsylvania majoring in Architecture. However, since UPenn does not have a pre-professional program, the degree that I will be getting is a B.A in Architecture. I applied to a couple of US Schools for the M.Arch I, but got rejected from all of them so looking at the AA and Bartlett right now. Since I have completed 4 years of study in architecture, do you think I would be able to apply either to the second or third year of the Experimental program and then complete the Diploma Program? Or would I have to go through all 5 years even though I've taken 6 design studios and 4 architectural technology courses?

Thanks so much in advance! 

Mar 22, 22 10:59 am
Non Sequitur

Look at it this way, you're taken 6 design studios and 4 arch tech courses... but could not muster enough of a folio to get accepted to a traditional M.Arch so why would 2 very well-known (and competitive) schools give you a shortcut?

Mar 22, 22 11:40 am  · 
2  · 
newbie.Phronesis

^Yeah, if you've been rejected from several already a better course of action is to work on your portfolio, and do some work (bonus - unlike studio, you get PAID while still getting experience...). Can always apply another year when you're better prepared :)

Mar 22, 22 10:49 pm  · 
1  · 
TED

@RS28 The AA will probably let you into year 3 of experimental - AA does have a good understanding of programme @Penn and assume you have a reasonably good portfolio.  You will get a Part 1 and Part II award after you complete Dip by doing the 3 years.

Bartlett on the other hand - you should talk directly to them.  The may offer a Part II directly but if your portfolio/grades are weak then perhaps not.  

If you do not plan to live pernamently in the UK and wish to return/live/practice in US, you are best to apply next year to US programmes - perhaps widen your selection to more Unis- 

Mar 23, 22 5:39 am  · 
1  · 
RS28

Thank you for your help!

Mar 29, 22 10:15 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: