Archinect
anchor

2022 graduate admission decisions

Hi guys, this is my first post in Archinect!

Just because of my anxiety, I have been checking here when others got accepted from schools that I applied: GSAPP, UCLA, and SCi-Arc.

Seems like they have sent out decisions to applicants but I haven't got one yet. Is anyone on same page with me? or am I just in trouble? 

Also is anyone who received an email of deny?

Mar 16, 22 10:36 pm
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

Hi! Last year I got rejection letter from gsapp on march 27th. I hope you will receive good news soon. Anyway, looking for friends who applied to european masters such as Polimi/KU Leuven/Uni Luxembourg. Anyone?

Mar 18, 22 10:36 am  · 
1  · 
Cajole\Mu

Hello ! I have applied to Polimi/ KU Leuven in the secodn round for their Urban planning programs. Waiting for results. Meanwhile got an admit from Sheffield. Have you heard anything from polimi/ KU Leuven?

Mar 18, 22 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

Ah same, I also have been admitted at sheffield however I can't take the offer because my national scholarship won't cover it :( I'm
counting on polimi/kul/lux right now. My application status at polimi currently is colored pink, I'm a bit worried. Haven't heard back from KUL but I heard they take 6 weeks to process. I hope good news for you though!

Mar 18, 22 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
ar.sadair

Hi, I have been accepted to the MaULP master's program at KU Leuven, and I heard from them two days ago. They took almost 8 weeks to get back to me after I applied at the end of January (their website mentions 6-8 weeks). So wait for it, it'll come. All the best and I hope you get in!

Mar 19, 22 1:33 am  · 
 · 
Cajole\Mu

Me too! Sheffield is a bit out of reach for my pockets. Polimi is great but I have a sightly lower gpa, so I don’t really have high hopes xD I hope you hear good news!

Mar 19, 22 2:57 am  · 
 · 
Cajole\Mu

Hey thanks sadair! I heard that kul does takes 6 weeks at least to answer back! Congratulations
on getting admitted for MULP! :)

Mar 19, 22 2:59 am  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

Congrats on getting the offer :) then for me it's mid april because I applied last minute. I applied for the architecture msc tho, I hope will see you guys

Mar 19, 22 4:54 am  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

I just received an offer from leuven master of architecture, still hoping for unilu's m.arch because I specifically like the curriculum there. I think at this point polimi rejected me (labeled pink).

Mar 25, 22 8:03 am  · 
 · 
Cajole\Mu

Congrats! I got labelled red at polimi. Waiting for manchester, torino

Apr 10, 22 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

Woah I think this is the first time I've ever heard polimi rejected this many people

Apr 12, 22 12:34 am  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

A friend of mine with 3.6 gpa and an amazing portfolio got rejected as well from AUD and UPPD. Best of luck with the other two unis :)

Apr 12, 22 12:35 am  · 
 · 
CdnUnicorn

Finally, people who've applied to Polimi! Haha so few people on here/gradcafe/reddit applied there yet its a great school! I applied to the MSc Building Architecture and MSc Built Enviro Interiors programs during the second round. Status is still yellow (under evaluation) since late January and I've asked when to expect a response and they replied "by April"...

Congrats on those with admits and good luck to the rest of us!

Mar 23, 22 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
ArchitectWhoLovesBTS

I hope it's a green for you! I applied during first call, labeled red for the BEI, and pink for the arch & design history. But I guess it's my portfolio that don't match their style (I believe polimi is looking for technical skill...? cmiiw)

Mar 25, 22 8:09 am  · 
 · 
Cajole\Mu

Have you guys applied to uni manchester? I just received an email saying I’m waitlisted, I wanted to know what exactly does that mean and how much time does it take to actually get a yes/no from the uni? Also, are there any other UK/Italian unis you guys have applied to? (Apart from the
ones mentioned here :P)

Mar 25, 22 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
CdnUnicorn

​I attended Polimis open house for all their MSc Arch programs and they said candidates do not need structural knowledge before applying because they'll teach you want you need to know in the first semester. I tried understanding what they're looking for but I guess I'll wait and see. I come form a non-Arch background so most UK/European schools were out of reach for me, sadly.

Mar 25, 22 4:37 pm  · 
1  · 
Cajole\Mu

I think because many people were holding back from applying for masters in the past 2 years and now since the covid cases have plunged, people are finally getting out there. So the admissions must be competitive. Anyway, good luck to you as well! :)

Apr 12, 22 3:50 am  · 
 · 
zanewiller

I attended Polimis open house for all their MSc Arch programs and they said candidates do not need structural knowledge before applying because they'll teach you want you need to know in the first semester. I tried understanding what they're looking for but I guess I'll wait and see. I come form a non-Arch background so most UK/European schools were out of reach for me, sadly.

Mar 28, 22 2:56 am  · 
 · 
CdnUnicorn

?

Mar 28, 22 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Urban Scrutinizer

Hello, 

International student here. 

Applied to GSD, GSAPP, GEORGIA TECH, and NYIT for Urban design. Got my offers from :

GSAPP, Georgia tech, NYIT.  

GSAPP is my dream school but did not receive any financial package, not very positive about getting one either after negotiation. 

Any suggestion on what should I choose between GSAPP and NYIT? 

Is GSAPP Urban Design worthy of 150k Debt?

Apr 10, 22 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
bbart

For people who is joining Bartlett UCL

This is the Facebook group: 

https://www.facebook.com/group...

This is the Discord chat:

https://discord.com/invite/P3z...

These groups are run by current students, so please don't spam

Apr 12, 22 1:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: